My first Sig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Sig

Well, I've been wanting a .22 pistol for a long time. I finally picked one up today. I bought a Sig Mosquito at the Ft. Worth gun show. There were a couple of places that had them, I ended up getting mine for $280+tax.
    I hear the problems with the early ones have been fixed, so we'll see.
    I'll probably head to Winchester gallery in the next few days to check it out.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

post a review, i've had my eye on them for a while. my dad has a S&W 22A that i enjoy plinking with.

Comment

Very nice. Looks like it's going to be a fun little plinker. Did you happen to notice if they had an abundance of complete AR uppers anywhere there?

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
        post a review, i've had my eye on them for a while. my dad has a S&W 22A that i enjoy plinking with.
        Will do. I'll probably be going Sunday or Monday.

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
        Very nice. Looks like it's going to be a fun little plinker. Did you happen to notice if they had an abundance of complete AR uppers anywhere there?
        Not an abundance by any means. This was one of the small gun shows. They did have a variety with competitive prices, just not in any quantity. I was on the lookout for them as well, I'm going to be starting a build in the not to distant future.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

i would also love to know how you like that sig. i am trying to make an excuse to buy a friend for my buckmark.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have the 22 conversion kit for my Sig P220. I get bored with shooting 22.
            Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

my son wants one, love to hear from some one that owns one.
              Jon

Comment

tagged.

Comment

Yeah let's hope they are better than they were. The last time I used one they would only shoot CCI .22LR sometimes.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                    my son wants one, love to hear from some one that owns one.
                    I own the one in Winter Digital and it shoots fine. I did read somewhere that they are made by someone else for sig... I think that is why the price is so reasonable. But we had no problems with it. I bought it for my son and I did not shoot it much but he did not complain and he shot it a lot.....
                    2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
                    2011 Harley Davidson F150
                    2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Now you just need a supressor!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                        Now you just need a supressor!
                        This!

My cousin has a mosquito and my can works great on it.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Always thought they were cool little guns. I enjoy shooting 22 to a point. Best part is at a lot of ranges you can shoot as fast or slow as you want to shoot. No one can really hear yours over the higher caliber weapons. After the fun of that wears off though, I like it to cheaply practice.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Just back from the range and after about 300 rounds, my overall impression is

It digested the three different brands/types of full power loads without a problem. Accuracy was better than expected, once I got the sights dialed in.
                            The subsonics were accurate enough, but even with the light recoil spring, there was about a 30% fail-to-cycle. I'll chalk that up to it being new.
                            I was shooting at about 25 feet and here are some of the results.
                            It has a lot more accuracy in it, plus these were all pretty rapid fire...just trying to get it broken in.

^no target photo for the CCI

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              Just back from the range and after about 300 rounds, my overall impression is

It digested the three different brands/types of full power loads without a problem. Accuracy was better than expected, once I got the sights dialed in.
                              The subsonics were accurate enough, but even with the light recoil spring, there was about a 30% fail-to-cycle. I'll chalk that up to it being new.
                              I was shooting at about 25 feet and here are some of the results.
                              It has a lot more accuracy in it, plus these were all pretty rapid fire...just trying to get it broken in.

^no target photo for the CCI
                              That's very good to hear they finally fixed the mosquito. I'm really surprised it shot the Viper. The brick you gave me I still have, I can't get it to shoot in any of my .22's, marlin model 60, 10/22, mk II, mk III, S&W 22a, nothing...
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X