Beginning reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning reloading

I'm wanting to start reloading. What equipment do I need? What is a good manual? What brand is decent quality and still priced right for a beginner? I am going to be reloading .308 and .30-06. 20 years ago I used to help my dad and granddad reload 12ga and 20ga shells. I don't remember much about it.
    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
    -Fred Sanford

Shotgun is a bit different than metallic cartridge loading. Your best bet is to pick up a good manual from whomever's bullets you are wanting to load with and read through their instructions on reloading. Being you're only looking onto rifle stuff go single stage press then from there you'll need dies, all are pretty decent I'm not a fan of lee they seem very cheaply made. You will also need a good case trimmer, caliper, chamfer/deburring tool and a good scale. Most all the companies offer s good start-up kit that gets you everything you need to start up besides bullets, powder , primers and cases if you don't already have any saved up.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
      I'm wanting to start reloading. What equipment do I need? What is a good manual? What brand is decent quality and still priced right for a beginner? I am going to be reloading .308 and .30-06. 20 years ago I used to help my dad and granddad reload 12ga and 20ga shells. I don't remember much about it.
      Read the FAQ in the reloading forum.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
      X