DVDO Video Processors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDO Video Processors?

Anyone in here used one of these before? Looks like with my new audio setup the only way to pass a pure DD/DTS-5/7.1 signal as my TV wants to be a little bitch and compress it and make it stereo out only.

Any help would be great, or any other brands that may be better before I off and buy one in a day or two.

They used to be the shit back in the day, haven't heard much about them in well over 10 years though.

make/model of tv?

Comment

Why use the TV as an audio source?

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
        They used to be the shit back in the day, haven't heard much about them in well over 10 years though.

make/model of tv?
        Its a Toshiba 50HM67 65" DLP. I had planned to run two HDMIs in from my Denon 3930 and 2500 Transport, a third HDMI split from a Oppo HM31 for my PS3/XBox 360/DirecTV (TV only has 3 inputs), and a component from my Krell DVD Standard.

Problem is when I rigged my old Denon 4308 AVR to watch some movies this week, I found out running it this way with a toslink out of the tv back to the AVR, the AVR said it was stereo only and would not switch to DD 5.1 or DTS. I KNEW it wouldn't do True HD which is what the Days of Thunder source from the BD was due to it not being HDMI and too little bandwidth etc... but I didnt want compressed 2 channel crap. It sounds abssolutely horrible. The setting in the TV menu is grayed out and I dont think it is adjustable. Just stuck with it if I use that method.

To answer jluv, the reason I need to use the TV as a switcher now (the 4308 was doing all that HDMI in/out before) is Im putting my 4308 downstairs for a 3.1 system I am building and replacing it with a Krell Home Theater Standard. The Krell is antiquated and only has 2 Component ins, and zero hdmis. Its more of an audio piece that will do DTS and DD if it has to. I got it to improve the sound of my HT and to match my Krell power amps. It sounds utterly f'in amazing in imaging, soundstage, and sound quality across the whole range, so I am not giving it up. The HDMI version of this same amp that has the SAME SQ is 20 grand (Evo 707) and the little brother of that which is not quite as highly regarded for SQ as the HTS is a S1200-U and those are still 6-8 grand used, and 12 new. I got my HTS for under 2 grand and this is the only problem with it, is figuring out how to make it work with all the HDMI gear.

I mainly need a HDMI device to take all the audios (from HDMI input) and send it to a 5.1 toslink without compression, and all the videos (from HDMI input) into a single video hdmi to my tv... The Edge from DVDO I THINK will do this and do it extremely well. Im about to buy one and try it out, just thought Id ask for some help before I spent the 5 bills. Dont need more stuff just sittin around the house not bein used.

Comment

Working...
        X