LS1 mustang headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 mustang headers

I had to build a drivers side header and thought I would share progress. Here are some pictures.

Nice, i would have never thought bout that.....
    What brand headers are those?
    sigpic

Comment

351 Long tubes, cut out the flanges, buy some LSx flanges and weld them together, right?

Comment

Nice work!

How did you do the motor mounts or did you buy them?

Comment

The headers are for 351w and I make the motor mounts using 79 mustang mounts

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
            351 Long tubes, cut out the flanges, buy some LSx flanges and weld them together, right?
            yep its just that easy let see what yours look like.

Comment

are you going to run FI or carb?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                yep its just that easy let see what yours look like.
                I'm interested in doing this. What else does it entail, any tricks?

Comment

I've done the same thing with my old MAC 1 3/4 351W headers. Passenger side was simple, just cut off the Ford flanges and weld on the GM one. On the driver side I hade to move a couple of tubes, but I have my motor low and far back with a regular MM k-member. I also cut off those gay ass ball/socket joints at the collector and put on a 3-inch V-band flange.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    I've done the same thing with my old MAC 1 3/4 351W headers. Passenger side was simple, just cut off the Ford flanges and weld on the GM one. On the driver side I hade to move a couple of tubes, but I have my motor low and far back with a regular MM k-member. I also cut off those gay ass ball/socket joints at the collector and put on a 3-inch V-band flange.
                    Where'd you get the V-bands at?

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                      Where'd you get the V-bands at?
                      http://www.mandrel-bends.com/ had some cheaper priced vbands but now I think the best place to get them is http://racepartssolutions.com/

Comment

I got the cheap ones from Able truck supply in Plano. Work great last long time...

Comment

Working...
                        X