This lame duck Congress...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This lame duck Congress...

I've been around (and politically aware) for many of these, and I cannot recall a single one that ever tried to pull the shit this one did (and has with the DADT repeal).

The GOP House needs to present an amendment to the 20th Amendment to eliminate the "lame duck" Congressional session.

It is a pretty absurd system if one thinks about it. You vote people out and then, they get 2 months to hurry and pass the stuff you didn't want them in there to pass in the first place.

That really shouldn't happen regardless of which party happens to be the lame duck at the time.

It would be the equivalent of firing someone and then allowing them to work two more months and allow them to use the company credit cards as much as they want.

Comment

Yeah, I've always thought it was a stupid way of doing things. "We hate you, GTFO...but not for two more months".
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I agree with you Dave. Anyone found acting in direct opposition to the good of this nation should face legal sanctions.

Comment

This bunch of assholes are particularly nasty about their agenda. They realize this will be their last shot for years to come. Just wait until the Prez figures out he's not re-electable...

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            This bunch of assholes are particularly nasty about their agenda. They realize this will be their last shot for years to come. Just wait until the Prez figures out he's not re-electable...
            Surely to shit he's figured that out already.

Comment

Working...
            X