Samsung plasma TV "popped". Done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung plasma TV "popped". Done?

I gave my daughter a 4-year-old Samsung 46" plasma a while back when I upgraded. She called this weekend and said it "popped" while she was watching it, and it had a purple flash when it lost power. Now when you hit the power button, there are "clicks" like it's trying to come on, but doesn't. The "stand-by" light is also off. Is it worth taking in to someone, or is it "done"? Where would I take it? Thanks!

It could be something as simple as a fuse(~under $100), or it could be the drive boards went out(around $3-400). There's a pretty big swing on what that would cost to repair. You may call some local shops and see what their diagnostic charge is and go from there. We normally charge $35-50 for an estimate.... but my shop is in Abilene(probably not cost effective to haul it that far!).

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      It could be something as simple as a fuse(~under $100), or it could be the drive boards went out(around $3-400). There's a pretty big swing on what that would cost to repair. You may call some local shops and see what their diagnostic charge is and go from there. We normally charge $35-50 for an estimate.... but my shop is in Abilene(probably not cost effective to haul it that far!).
      Thanks man! Hoping someone here on the board can recommend a shop in Dallas.

Comment

Atlas Electronics off Irving blvd. I don't have their number but they can probably help you figure it out.

Comment

It's very possibly the power supply. I had mine go out on my 50" samsung. I called the number on the back of the TV and it was still under warranty, they sent out a repair guy and it was back running in a few hours.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

wrong forum

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                wrong forum
                Hey! Thanks for the input!

Comment

I know I've said it before, but pics?

You did speak ill of my mother, after all, so it's only fair. Quid pro quo, if you will.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I know where the repair center is for Rent-A-Center here in Dallas, they take walk in business off of the street too. We were looking at buying the building and walked the space, they do all the repairs for every Rent A Center in a couple of states, 328 stores. They appeared to know their shit about anything they had to repair. Let me know if you want their info.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      I know where the repair center is for Rent-A-Center here in Dallas, they take walk in business off of the street too. We were looking at buying the building and walked the space, they do all the repairs for every Rent A Center in a couple of states, 328 stores. They appeared to know their shit about anything they had to repair. Let me know if you want their info.
                      I am. Either post it here, or pm me.

TIA...
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        I know I've said it before, but pics?

You did speak ill of my mother, after all, so it's only fair. Quid pro quo, if you will.
                        lol
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Thanks man! Hoping someone here on the board can recommend a shop in Dallas.
                          Yes, yes you are correct...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Just dropped it off at Atlas Electronics on Irving Blvd. near Inwood. They charge a $25 estimate fee, which is fair. She lives uptown so it was really handy. That is one heavy bastard, and she lives right square in the middle of the complex. Add that to absolutely no parking, and I can skip the gym tonight!

Note to Geof: She's just like her mom (my wife); gorgeous, smart, and way too slick for your ass.

Comment

Working...
                            X