Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60" LG 60PA6500 Plasma - Good TV or Poopy TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60" LG 60PA6500 Plasma - Good TV or Poopy TV?

After 7yrs, my 61" Samsung DLP is finally shitting the bed. Turned it on last night and it had green lines/grids running through the screens on all input channels. Went online and did some shopping and found this at BB for $1099. I don't know much about the desirable specs for modern TV's, and was hoping for some input from others.

Is it worth buying? I don't watch a lot of BluRays and don't even want 3D functionality, but I do have a nice B&W surround sound set-up and don't want a POS TV.

My budget is around $1,500, and since I'm replacing a 61", I don't want to go too much smaller.

Thanks.

- Jason

I'm not really a TV genius or anything, but just looking at the specs, it looks to be a pretty good TV. 600 Hz and 300,000,000:1 contrast ratio isn't bad at all.

Comment

What happened to the old days when the tv my parents bought me in jr high worked through high school me moving out and passing it on to my daughter to watch her VHS on it finally died nearly 20 years after it was bought

Comment

A lot of older technology seemed to be more long lasting than today's technology. My old SNES, N64 and other consoles still work like they did when bought new. But I'm on my third 360. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by ENKI View Post
          A lot of older technology seemed to be more long lasting than today's technology. My old SNES, N64 and other consoles still work like they did when bought new. But I'm on my third 360. They just don't make 'em like they used to.
          Unfortunately corporations don't believe there is any money in a product that lasts for a while. But if they have you invested with hundreds of $$ in games/online presence, they can keep you buying consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by ENKI View Post
            sigpic

Comment

03 cobra

Comment

I got it and am pretty happy with it so far. It is noticably better than my DLP was, and I was pretty happy with the price ($1099). Seems to get good reviews online too, so hopefully it'll last 10yrs or so. By then, I'm sure we'll all have halographic TV's or some shit.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                  After 7yrs, my 61" Samsung DLP is finally shitting the bed. Turned it on last night and it had green lines/grids running through the screens on all input channels. Went online and did some shopping and found this at BB for $1099. I don't know much about the desirable specs for modern TV's, and was hoping for some input from others.

Is it worth buying? I don't watch a lot of BluRays and don't even want 3D functionality, but I do have a nice B&W surround sound set-up and don't want a POS TV.

My budget is around $1,500, and since I'm replacing a 61", I don't want to go too much smaller.

Thanks.

- Jason
                  The picture is really nice. I have 2 of them in my game room.
                  Originally posted by The King
                  I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Working...
                  X