Nat Geo - Inside the Vietnam War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat Geo - Inside the Vietnam War

This is a 3 hour long documentary on NGC that I just saw starting to air. It is by far the best documentary on the war that I've seen, and really does a good job explaining what really happened. In my opinion any Vietnam documentary that doesn't end with leaving you baffled at why we didnt bomb the north to the stone age is garbage. This documentary follows each major battle from beginning to end, and had a whole lot of video I've never seen before. DVR this as soon as you're able.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Nice!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

It's the same reason we didn't bomb N. Korea, Iraq, or Afganistan to the stone age....

Sometime after 1945, we went all soft. We decided to start converting hearts and minds to democracy instead of just defending the freedoms we already have.

In the process we have lost many of our freedoms, and we haven't converted any hearts or minds.

Sweet deal huh? The founding father's are rolling over in their graves. And if there is an afterlife, they would wish for no afterlife seeing what we have done with their country.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        It's the same reason we didn't bomb N. Korea, Iraq, or Afganistan to the stone age....

Sometime after 1945, we went all soft. We decided to start converting hearts and minds to democracy instead of just defending the freedoms we already have.

In the process we have lost many of our freedoms, and we haven't converted any hearts or minds.

Sweet deal huh? The founding father's are rolling over in their graves. And if there is an afterlife, they would wish for no afterlife seeing what we have done with their country.
        It's the Truman Doctrine, and because we can't stop letting those philosophies shape our foreign policy, we're going to go broke policing the world.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Damn...wish I had NatGeo channel...

Be a stretch to ask if it was on Hulu?
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Damn, I cant find it. Looked on Nat geo through next week and also did a search.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

couldn't find it either
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

In regards to going soft. We just need to get our asses kicked in a manner that forces us to embrace and use the tools we have.

Comment

will have to watch this when i go home
                  sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

I watched the last hour and am going to watch the whole thing when I get a chance.

You are correct that it makes you wonder what the assholes in charge were thinking. It is a fantastic example of what happens when politicians run a war instead of generals.

As far as I am concerned, there should have been tactical nuclear strikes on Hanoi and strategic bombing campaigns against Laos and Cambodia.

One of my mother's friends was in Vietnam, his unit was set up on a hill and took artillery fire from NVA artillery in Laos. They couldn't return fire because they weren't allowed to. Their air support wasn't allowed to cross the border either. Their unit just sat there, dug in and took it. There is a book written about it "Loon" by Jack Mclean. McLean was the first vietnam vet to graduate from Harvard.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      You are correct that it makes you wonder what the assholes in charge were thinking. It is a fantastic example of what happens when politicians run a war instead of generals.
                      Yup. Look who was in charge of the war. McNamara and his bunch ran the war more like an accounting ledger than anything. Sickening.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                      X