No announcement yet.

Painted the wife's camaro this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted the wife's camaro this weekend!

turned out ok. First time I shot bc/cc and the Clear isn't that great but should buff most of it out.

Suffice to say, you should be able to find it on track.

for those interested, it is accurate FM3 Panther Pink/Moulon Rouge from 1970's mopars. She has always wanted a pink camaro, actually a 70 1/2 RS but hey, it's Pink! We completely redid the interior to a dark machine gray gloss too. Turned out pretty good!

Looking at black graphics with an authentic hockey strip and Ralleye stripes on hood and trunk. Splitter and wing are black so hopefully it will knock down some of the wow!

nice job. you can always just wetsand the clear to get out trash and other imperfections and then polish it back up. careful not to burn thru the paint while polishing.
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

Looks slow, just say'n.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Easy to spot on the track! Me likely!
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

updated and finished graphics.

got the graphics done and the wing back on. ready for hot weather testing of the new radiator box next weekend.

And a good day at the shop.

Comment

Nice job, what kind of racing? Obviously not drag racing....well unless it was a civic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              Nice job, what kind of racing? Obviously not drag racing....well unless it was a civic.
              NASA road racing...amateur stuff not on TV!

SuperTouring 2 class.

Comment

Got to love the wing!
                Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                  NASA road racing...amateur stuff not on TV!

SuperTouring 2 class.
                  I bet that's a blast, they let you get close enough to scrape that paint off? I see on track days with street cars, its very limited on what you can do.

Comment

wife? figured you had learned your lesson with Wife 1.0 and now you upgraded to wife2.0
                    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                      I bet that's a blast, they let you get close enough to scrape that paint off? I see on track days with street cars, its very limited on what you can do.
                      Closer!

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                      wife? figured you had learned your lesson with Wife 1.0 and now you upgraded to wife2.0
                      I believe 2.0 is a major upgrade. I certainly hope so. He deserves it. 1.0 was VERY buggy! (I mean this in the best of spirits Matt!)

The car looks good! If I were wanting to sponsor a car I'd sure look REAL hard at one that flashy!!
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                        Well, first wife and her family turned out to be section 8 material....as in full on lunatic and I found paperwork to back that up after she left. It finally explained a lot about a situation that made zero sense and why she lied about certain things to friends and family.

New wife is awesome. That is also HER grand national. Great gal.

Yep. We race close enough to do very bad things to paint and metal. We race in the same class so we can't be mad at each other!

Darren....no worries brother. You have no idea how buggy 1.0 was and I think I only saw the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Sorry dude, you will find out they are all as buggy as alpha ware.

Car looks good. I need to go check some of your racing out.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            Car looks good. I need to go check some of your racing out.
                            It is EXTREMELY addictive. There's a reason they call it the "Go fast crack pipe".

You've been warned.

Comment

Working...
                            X