Flooring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring

I am thinking about ripping up all the carpet in the front of my house. The foyer and kitchen has that fake wood stuff. I think that is what I'll put in the living room, study, and hall. How hard and/or big of a task is this? Lowes/Home Depot have flooring that SOUNDS easy enough....but, um...I managed to fuck up carving a pumpkin, so yea. Is it a one day project? Weekend? Wasn't there a guy on the unmentionable board that advertised doing this type of stuff?

Thanks,
    Becky

I did the wood laminent(sp) thing a couple years ago. I left all the tile, but replaced all the carpet. It was about 1000sqft total. I did it for a solid three days, then about 2-3 hours every day for a week.

And we're talking ME!

The first couple of corners were bitches, but it was cake after that. I had it down. Just get the right tools. I borrowed mine from Nick.

Hector is the guys that does flooring over there. HECDOGGIE

Comment

I am putting some engineered wood in my rent house. My back is killing me today from just undercutting the door jambs and scraping on the old linoleum some.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

The fuck did you do to your hair?!?!

Comment

putting down a floating floor is easy. There are lots of better places than home depot/lowes. Check out Floor and Decor in Arlington off Pioneer and 360. They have LOTS of great wood floors for better prices than the big box places.

If you are looking at an engineered wood that has a tongue and groove, anyone can install it. Pull up your baseboards, lay the floors down leaving 1/4" gap along the walls and the baseboards will cover it up. All you really need is a chop saw, a hammer and some common sense.

It will cost you between $2-3/ft to have it installed. See if that makes it worth the work to you or not.

Comment

Hetor no longer does flooring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark04
              Hetor no longer does flooring.
              If Becky asks, he will.

Comment

Becky if you are looking for hardwood flooring LMK Metco Construction can take care of you. My prices are a lot cheaper then Home depot, Lowes etc. Call me and let me know exactly what you are looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Daniel Hardy
                Metco Construction
                Owner/Project Manager
                817 793 7851
                Last edited by Dan03mach; 11-16-2010, 09:11 AM.
                03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

We just had some great looking wood floors installed in the dining room and entry hall. Got it at Lumber Liquidators.
                  sigpic
                  Old Fords Rule

Comment

Don't buy your tiles at Home Depot. Come over to Floor and Decor, it is on the Southwest corner of 635 and I35. Down near where everyone used to race. They have a ton of different tile and the prices are usually about half of what Home Depot and Lowe's want.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Don't buy your tiles at Home Depot. Come over to Floor and Decor, it is on the Southwest corner of 635 and I35. Down near where everyone used to race. They have a ton of different tile and the prices are usually about half of what Home Depot and Lowe's want.
                      Truth! I have found, however, that their prices suck on glass tile. Most of that stuff is actually cheaper at HD.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Worked on it a little tonight. Goes pretty fast on the larger rooms.
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Once you get started, it goes by quickly. Lookin good, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                            Worked on it a little tonight. Goes pretty fast on the larger rooms.
                            where did you get the flooring and how much was it a sq foot? I am looking to do this in my house 3- bedrooms, a hall and living area! I was going to replace the carpet but i think this would be a better option!I mentioned it to my wife now i am fucked it's :biggrin:what she wants and i am looking to start this weekend! Thanks for any info and or tips you can help me with! Your floor looks great!
                            sigpic

Comment

Mine came from Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/Flooring-Ha...atalogId=10053
                              They had it in stock for $45.04 a case that covers 20sqft so $2.25 a sqft. I have ~700' that I am doing. Rest is carpet.
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                              X