This time of year sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This time of year sucks!

So usually around this time, I gain a few pounds due to Thanksgiving, then Christmas Dinners, all of the freaking holiday snacks at work, the time change which makes me come inside a lot sooner, the lack of yard work which I use as additional activity and anything else that can hinder any kind of success for fat loss, I mean, it's bad enough that my eating habits suck ass and I don't get to the gym enough to counter my eating habits but having to go through winter makes me feel like I'm preparing for hibernation. I think it literally puts me into a mild state of depression.

I'm now pushing 200 lbs...197 to be exact and feel like shit. And just a couple of years ago, I was about 15 lbs lighter and about five years ago I even hit 174.

Oh well, I just needed to have a little bitch session.

This time of year just requires abit more self control is all and a little more hardwork. Either control yourself, or accept the fact you're going to have to work out abit more to compensate for your additional calorie intake.

You're obviously aware of the problem with your bad food choices you make, fix it and quit whining.

Comment

Just because it's the holidays doesn't mean you have to lay around all day and eat lol....
      sigpic

Comment

I'm the exact opposite. I tend to gain more weight during the summer from hanging out with my friends more and throwing back beers, BBQ'ing, etc... I'm not a giant fan of holiday food and my sweet tooth is minimal so I usually lose weight this time of year.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Great weather week. Get ur ass outside and run!
          Originally posted by Denny
          I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

I always get derailed this time of year. And every year I say that I'm not gonna let it happen again and just limit eating junk to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners only. Well I've been pigging out again the last month, oh well, it's more motivation come January.

Comment

I slapped myself Sunday b/c I'm so pissed at how I let myself go, I just haven't been able to motivate myself until now. I'm tired of it, and I started yesterday. First day back in the gym, hit the weights for an hour. Today will be cardio for about an hour and some sauna time.

I've realized I have said to myself many times before I'll start next week, or after the holidays, or before my vacation but never did anything about it. I want my old body and strength back, I'm not getting younger so the sooner the better.

Comment

This has to be the first holiday season, for me, where I have actually either lost or maintained my weight! I'm actually pretty damn proud of that. In the past I have been known to not give a fuck and it cost me dearly.

Comment

I just need to find that groove again..making time to go and making time to prepare my meals. For me, the eating better seems to come easier if I'm hitting the gym. I think this time I'm going to print a before photo and tape it to my bathroom mirror.

Comment

before photos have been taken and holy shit, what a wake up call!! I gots me some work to do!

Comment

I do the same thing every year. Was down to 160 in August, now back to 180. Have some work to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X