Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What grease you use on the upper threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grease you use on the upper threads?

Just wondering what grease you guys use on the upper's threads for the barrel nut? I read on AR15.com that regular wheel bearing grease would work.
    92 LX 5.0

Any form of antiseize I would assume.

Comment

I like anti seize. Makes changing barrels easier.

I also lube my bolt with copper anti seize. No matter how many rounds i put through the rifle. My bolt stays nice & wet with lube.
      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
        Just wondering what grease you guys use on the upper's threads for the barrel nut? I read on AR15.com that regular wheel bearing grease would work.
        I have some black moly lube that I use very sparingly

Bigshoe had one from the factory that was so tight he twisted the upper into pieces.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

My first thought was anti-seize, which I have a ton of. I was reading on AR15.com and the person who did the write up said they used wheel bearing grease, which I also have a ton of.
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

Moroso molly paste assembly lube; part #35000.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

White lithium grease will work, I use a dry graphite lube.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
              X