Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being a responsible adult sucks :( (long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a responsible adult sucks :( (long)

Was at LA Fitness on Sunday around noon, doing squats in the cage. Gym was dead, had my lady squating in the safety rack beside the cage. Just warming up (had only been there a few minutes), had 225lbs on the bar. My girl was warming up as well and I always like to watch her when she squats (she has great form, just eases my mind to be close enough to her to help out if needed since she walks it out into the open to squat, she's 5'1 and goes way too low to squat in the safety rack).

Anyways, I make it a couple of steps away from the cage (mind you my belt is laying over the rails, my bag is on the floor, etc.) when a 330+lb black dude walks right into the cage. I am a easy going guy, not one to get aggressive, I say to the guy, "hey bud, i am actually using the cage right now", I was about to offer to let him work in with me (which I always do when someone inquires about a piece of machinery or weights that I am using) when he responds, "you can have it when I'm done". I was shocked, so shocked I didn't think he was serious, so in a kind of confused laughing response I was like, "actually I already "have it". He's reiterates, "you can have it when I'm done, you are over there".

At this point I am sensing I am going to lose it, and old dude gets under the bar and starts to "squat" the 225 (I quote squat) because this was the shallowest squat I'VE EVER SEEN. At this point I am enraged, I throw out a couple of choice words at the guy, he just glares at me like a douche, I could tell he wanted a fight but he wasn't going to shit unless I got physical. At this point I am in a tough spot, I don't consider myself some mma "bad ass", but @ 6' 235lbs with a fairly lean power lifter build I felt more then capable of taking this fat ass when I couple of well placed shots, but then I remembered that I have a home, job, etc. that will be affected by my choice to right this wrong (ie going to jail, not making it to work, etc.). I decide to go to grab a manager (I know most of them well) and let them know that this guy wants a situation and I'm very tempted to give him one.

Meanwhile my girl is over at the cage and fat ass is ripping my weights off and she is going around putting them back on, apparently this went on 10+ times and he was muttering to her, "just hit me one time, that's all I need" (I didn't find this out till the dust settled). The manager comes over and is like, "look, he was here first, you either wait or find something else". He argues and b.s.'s but finally somewhat agrees (he then stands right beside the cage and just stares as I work out.

As the manager walks away another member grabs him and says that he was just on the treadmill running when fat ass started walking on the mill beside him and out of no where puts his middle finger in his face and holds it there, when the guy inquires wtf, fat ass tells him to stop staring at him? The manager then comes over and gets pretty aggressive with the guy (although allows him to stay the remainder of his work out). The come and ask me for my name and number so they can file this incident and move towards banning him. After this point 4-5 other guys there come over and tell me they were praying I'd have laid his ass out and that they've had issues with him too.

I ended up telling the manager they might want to ban him for his own safety, there are a couple of giants whom I know wouldn't show the restraint I did, and would gladly drop a dumbbell on his fat ass head. The manager said he talked to him and that this guys "got some serious problems", but that they have to flag the account and warn the guy and let it go through official channels. Seems like they have to wait till someone kills him or he hurts someone else. Chicken shit corporate gym FTL. I worked out at MetroFlex for a few years and never saw the billy bad ass bull shit I see at LA Fitness.

Being a responsible adult sucks, whooping his ass would have been much better (although I did get quite a bit of quality shit-talking in). Oh well, another day at hardcore LA Fitness.
    Last edited by dville_gt; 12-21-2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: cooter can't read

Did he bang your girl?

Comment

cliffs notes?

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
        Did he bang your girl?
        no, but i think he requested a hand job for his giant outty belly button

you game?

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
          cliffs notes?
          fat dude wanted to get his head taken off, i didn't do it because with my old age i've grown a vag in the name of responsibility and it sucks.

Comment

I've never had that problem and very often let people alternate sets with me if I'm using a station that they need. Then again, I work out alone and never stray from equipment that I'm using because of this exact reason.

I did get pissed off at one middle aged lady (I didn't start anything with her, just angered me) when she was doing some goofy dumbbell shit next to a flat bench, so I asked her if she was using the bench even though at the time there was nothing on the bench. She looked at me like I was a moron and said "Uh, yeah." So instead of doing flat bench to start my workout like usual, I shrug it off and go to incline. Well, I'm watching this lady and the only thing she's using the bench for is to set her dumbbells on between sets.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'm glad you pointed out that he's black. I would have had a hard time with the story if I had to picture him white.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                cliffs notes?
                he is a tattle tail

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                  I'm glad you pointed out that he's black. I would have had a hard time with the story if I had to picture him white.
                  no prob, he wasn't actually black, more like a dark mocha brown

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  he is a tattle tail

god bless.
                  i'm pm'ing a mod about this post right now!

Comment

It blows me away how thought processes change as we get older. Especially considering consequences before taking action. You did the right thing, is it really worth a trip to jail for someone delaying your workout 10 minutes? Of course not.

But it would have been awesome to clean his clock, I hate assholes

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      he is a tattle tail

god bless.
                      Well played.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        It blows me away how thought processes change as we get older. Especially considering consequences before taking action. You did the right thing, is it really worth a trip to jail for someone delaying your workout 10 minutes? Of course not.

But it would have been awesome to clean his clock, I hate assholes
                        Ya, fighting myself to not fight this guy was really tough, especially in front of my girl. At the end of the day the "reason" behind it had really nothing to do with the equipment, it was purely an issue of this guy showing absolutely no respect and even furthermore wanting me to do something stupid. If this would have happened when I was 18 or 20 it would have 100% for sure ended in one of us getting fucked up. That feeling of knowing you are doing the right thing, but feeling like a chump doing it sucks and is totally against natural instinct. Oh well, I am sure I've only broken the ice as far as getting harassed on here for posting this, I do love this site though (even if I'm the ass of it at times).

Comment

no Enter key, no read

you suck at posting
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            no Enter key, no read

you suck at posting
                            edited for your enjoyment, ribbed for hers

Comment

You handled it well dude.
                              I have to think twice a lot in the gym, otherwise I wouldn't have anywhere to workout, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X