what about going low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about going low

even though this is a 4x4 spot i figured this would be the right place to properly lower a truck too..

00 silverado rcsb 5.3

Has a 2"rear lowering shackle

Want to lower the front 2-3"
    and the read another 2

anyone suggest a rear hanger/c-notch/shock combo that woint break the bank..

and for the front: should i go spindles? springs? or controll arms?
    "PSH!!!"

when i had my 97 1500. i just did shackles spindles and springs. but that was like 15 years ago. much more options now days,
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

PM Slammy- http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ghlight=Slammy

When I was getting ready to lower my truck, he answered alot of the qustions I had
      Last edited by trailerparksuperstar; 06-18-2012, 04:24 PM.
      If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

appreciate the replies..

2/4 maybe 3/4 max (so no flip kit) I would like to keep a regular sized tire on it. I have used djm control arms on a 94 and they were ok and a flip kit in the rear (btw badjimmihat you owe me money for your 1/2 ass job) my 03 was flipped in the rear and they both rode ok...

Is anyone with me that spindles would be the best route to lower the front?
        and a 2" hanger in the rear, shock extenders, and a c-notch?
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          appreciate the replies..

2/4 maybe 3/4 max (so no flip kit) I would like to keep a regular sized tire on it. I have used djm control arms on a 94 and they were ok and a flip kit in the rear (btw badjimmihat you owe me money for your 1/2 ass job) my 03 was flipped in the rear and they both rode ok...

Is anyone with me that spindles would be the best route to lower the front?
          and a 2" hanger in the rear, shock extenders, and a c-notch?
          yeah, spindles or control arms bro. i prefer belltech, but have never had trouble with any djm stuff. do you need a notch for shackles/hangers?

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Avoid control arms. It puts the spring pocket too low and will drag on things. Spindles by far the best choice. Go to thesuspensionsource.com and see what they have. I have some of there stuff on my truck.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I've got a McGaughys 5/7 drop, drop spindles, c notched and flipped.

Ded

Comment

^dew wunt
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  ^dew wunt
                  It's no classic stang, but it'll do.

I'm also about to order a special set of assassin traction bars for flip kit trucks. Won't cange anything except traction, but I have to chop up the leafs and shackles.
                  Ded

Comment

Working...
                  X