My DMR/SPR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DMR/SPR build

I originally wanted to copy the Army's SDMR, but went into this process with an open mind, and ended up with a great rig. Big thanks to Chuck Ross at Ross Precision Gun Works for building this upper on the spot, while I waited. I can't say enough good about that guy's operation. Go see him. Big thanks also go out to 5.0_CJ and ThreeFingerPete for helping things along. Y'all rock!

The specs:
    18" White Oak Armament SPR barrel, .223 Wylde/1:7 twist
    Troy MFR rail
    Mid-length gas system
    Zeiss Conquest, 3-9x50, with the Rapid-Z 600 reticule
    Ergo grip
    A2 stock

The rifle:
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

I do like..
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Nice stick, bad pic!

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        Nice stick, bad pic!
        That's what she said.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

adjustable gas block and a trigger and you should be rocking....and a better pic
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks, fellas. I'll work on better pictures.

Comment

Looks good.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Good looking rifle and yes, Chuck is a cool dude for sure. Did you have him do some barrel work for you? What bipod is that?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                  Good looking rifle and yes, Chuck is a cool dude for sure. Did you have him do some barrel work for you? What bipod is that?
                  He assembled the upper for me on the spot from parts he had in stock. I didn't need any barrel work done. That's just a Shooter's Ridge bipod.

Comment

Ugh... It stopped cycling during at the very end of the break in. The good news is, it's a serious shooter. I think I may have put too much Hoppe's on the bore snake when I was cleaning between between rounds of shooting during break in. I'm going to go through it tomorrow. Update to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Ugh... It stopped cycling during at the very end of the break in. The good news is, it's a serious shooter. I think I may have put too much Hoppe's on the bore snake when I was cleaning between between rounds of shooting during break in. I'm going to go through it tomorrow. Update to follow.
                      How many rounds did you get out of it before it stopped cycling? How does the brass look?
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        How many rounds did you get out of it before it stopped cycling? How does the brass look?
                        58. The brass looks fine. No scuffing/dents, etc.

EDIT: I'll look at the brass in the morning again, just to be sure, and update you.

Comment

Also, my break-in method was:

Shoot once/clean x5
                          Shoot five times/clean x2
                          Shoot ten times/clean x2
                          Shoot twenty times/clean
                          Done.

The boresnake got folded in half and dipped in Hoppe's ahead of the bristles every time a cleaning was done. I lubed the BCG and fire controls before going, but didn't relube them during cleaning. A film of lube was constant on the BCG whole time.

Comment

Do you have any Endust? Hit the gas tube with some and see if any debris blows back into the barrel. Check to see if your gas block is loose while you're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                              Do you have any Endust? Hit the gas tube with some and see if any debris blows back into the barrel. Check to see if your gas block is loose while you're at it.
                              X2
                              I don't think there is such a thing as too much Hoppe's but it does need to be patched out some before drying and "break-in" is a bunch of BS just shoot it.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X