New race in the works for March in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New race in the works for March in Houston

Hosted by Htownracing.com at Navasota Raceway coming in March...

For those that have never been to Navasota Raceway, tech is fairly laxed as I don't believe it is an officially sanctioned NHRA or IHRA track.

Other than the two classes mentioned there will also be open T&T and lots of grudge racers. I've personally offered up a small grudge race with a few members of HTR. My car is kind of middle of the road between a fast street car and slow race car. Shooting for 5.80s on the juice when its back together. Asked for the move against a couple of known 5.30 cars and have another guy that wants the move from me motor on motor.

I race for cheap LOL, $40 a pop just to make it interesting and maybe win enough $$$ to cover my trip out there.
    Carl S.
    2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
    80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
    9.32@128 pedaling it half track
    sigpic

ill prob run the no prep race.

Comment

As far as the no prep deal, the track will have no prep all day. Basically the deal they made is that the track is going to drag/spray from 120 feet out for safety sake. The starting line and first 120' of surface is no prep, but the racers are allowed to do their own prep as if you were out on the street.
      Carl S.
      80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White90GT View Post
        As far as the no prep deal, the track will have no prep all day. Basically the deal they made is that the track is going to drag/spray from 120 feet out for safety sake. The starting line and first 120' of surface is no prep, but the racers are allowed to do their own prep as if you were out on the street.

did i trade you a 3550 for a c4 last year? wondering if you got the car going?
        eddie

Comment

No, I've never ran a 5 speed trans. You might have traded with Rick aka SSPStangBanger
          Carl S.
          sigpic

Comment

So I have a couple grudge races setup here. I'm getting the move from Blazonic, the little white "Pro Stock" looking blazer that has tried to get on pinks several times.
            Got a motor/motor race that I'm giving up the move on.
            Got a me on motor vs a LS1 coupe on gas

I expect to be in the 6.teens on motor at a minimum, maybe 6.0x (hopefully)
            Carl S.
            sigpic

Comment

Got a me on motor vs a LS1 coupe on gas
              Kick his ass, seabass!!!

Comment

From what I hear, the track and pits suck....pot holes etc....unless they have done repairs recently.

Comment

Drove by there last Saturday when I was down in College Station. It still looks pretty run down. Couldn't see the track to well to see what kind of shape it is in. That damn sound barrier/wall looks horrible. It did not look like there was any paved or even gravel parking. Maybe I missed it somewhere. The place still needs lots of work.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, it is an old school track, which is part of the fun of it. I've only ran there once and didn't have any problems getting down the track running 6.80s. Saw several low 6s with no problems and even saw a high 4 second pass that night from the Twins in their purple firebird. They got paid a grand for Low ET of the night. I think the next closes to them was a motorcycle that went 4.90s.

The return road is paved, but does have some bumps in it, but no pot holes that would damage rims or anything. The pits are grass. Its not an NHRA track, so they don't check for licenses and what not, just make sure you have the basic safety gear for what you are planning to run.

Part of the appeal of the event is that there is no starting line prep. It is supposed to be as close to street racing as it can get, but still be at a track with ambulance and staff on hand for emergencies.
                    Carl S.
                    sigpic

Comment

this is coming up in 2 weeks!

I went a 1.29 sixty foot on essentially a 100 shot at 2980ish lbs on Saturday, but couldn't run it out because the damn steering shaft popped off at the rack when the front wheels came down.
                      Carl S.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X