The .300blk piston saga begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The .300blk piston saga begins

So, I took my new build out today and had exactly the trouble I thought I would. First round out of the barrel was an M80 surplus projectile 147gr w/ 15.0gr of 2400 behind it. I forgot to bring a battery for my chrono so I have no idea what the speed was, but I suspect around 1800 or so. It short stroked to such a degree all it did was pull the case slightly out of the chamber. So I removed all the weight from the buffer, and increased the charge to 16.0gr (2000fps est). Now it began to stovepipe, so it's getting better but not good enough.

I figured I needed to get home and grab a lighter buffer spring, but after looking into it for some time, it would seem no one knows shit about buffer springs out there. So I'll end up having to cut down the spring to get it where I want it. Springs are cheap, and I want to make sure it functions correctly. At least this way I can get it exactly how I want it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    So, I took my new build out today and had exactly the trouble I thought I would. First round out of the barrel was an M80 surplus projectile 147gr w/ 15.0gr of 2400 behind it. I forgot to bring a battery for my chrono so I have no idea what the speed was, but I suspect around 1800 or so. It short stroked to such a degree all it did was pull the case slightly out of the chamber. So I removed all the weight from the buffer, and increased the charge to 16.0gr (2000fps est). Now it began to stovepipe, so it's getting better but not good enough.

I figured I needed to get home and grab a lighter buffer spring, but after looking into it for some time, it would seem no one knows shit about buffer springs out there. So I'll end up having to cut down the spring to get it where I want it. Springs are cheap, and I want to make sure it functions correctly. At least this way I can get it exactly how I want it.
    I have a few cut in various length springs and oddly weighted buffers also.

Are you using a "pistol" buffer tube or a com/mil buffer tube? Not sure if this is on a returned Form 1 SBR lower or not.

What forearm/rail cover are you using with the AA kit now?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      I have a few cut in various length springs and oddly weighted buffers also.

Are you using a "pistol" buffer tube or a com/mil buffer tube? Not sure if this is on a returned Form 1 SBR lower or not.

What forearm/rail cover are you using with the AA kit now?
      Standard carbine length buffer. Mid length moe handguard
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

How many lights are on the rifle? Do you have additional grips placed strategically? These things matter.

Comment

I have 3 fore grips at the moment, when my rifle length comes in I will have 4.

Comment

I see that you've already addressed the issue of not enough places to put your hands. Have you tried the Magpul B.A.D.M.F.U.L.O.L.Delta device? It's been found to increase reliability and multiply attack points x4.

Comment

I'm just going to leave this here.
              Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 06-24-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

That's a purdy rifle.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

BTW, I was really tired when I read this the first time and thought ".300 BLK Pistol Saiga?"
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Pretty interesting. Put my AR lower build on the shelf in order to get the Jeep where I want, but this is the route I wanna take. Can't say I've seen any success with a .300 BLK piston AR, but I'm sure its doable! Keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                    X