eotech 512. OR aimpoint comp ml2/ml3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eotech 512. OR aimpoint comp ml2/ml3

im so thorn. between an eotech 512. and aimpoint ml2 or ml3.
    i stopped by academy sports today. in mesquite they had the eotech on display. i loved it,
    however. the aimpoint's last something like 50.000 hours before needing new batterys,
    if aimpoint had the 65moa ring and 1moa dot. like eotech it would be nice, but gotta say aimpoint is pure eye candy,

usage. target practice and home defense,

anyway just wanted to know. what you guys would pick. open to suggestions,

BTW getting my dpms this thursday. will post pics.
    Last edited by soap; 12-22-2010, 02:43 AM.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

i have had the opportunity to do some shooting with the scouts using an M4 with an Eotech on it, all i will say is this, IMO, its the best close quarter optic EVER... getting on target is FAST, and easy. up, 2 shots and down in under 3 seconds. almost makes it like cheating. even shooting targets in a line, 2 rounds each, moving from one to another is rediculously easy.

the aimpoint sights, PIECES OF SHIT. hard to zero, lose zero with the slightest bump, and shooting with them doing the same thing as with an eotech, only more difficult. never have liked them, neither does anybody i know.
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
      the aimpoint sights, PIECES OF SHIT. hard to zero, lose zero with the slightest bump, and shooting with them doing the same thing as with an eotech, only more difficult. never have liked them, neither does anybody i know.

That is weird, as everything i have read/heard is the complete opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        I'd bet green money they aren't mounted solidly, if they're going off zero quickly, or they're being taken off and not put back in the same place. I love my Comp M2. They're pretty popular with the competitive carbine crowd, too. Just my two cents.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          this...lol

Aimpoint isn't as fragile as the Eothingy and has years better battery life.

Mine is on 5 years with the same battery and doesn't lose zero. In the LaRue mount it holds zero when removed and replaced back to the rail.

Comment

i guess its all just in the military world then, here we dont store our weapons in a vault or carry them in cases in our vehicles to go on mission. we're talkin puttin the thing anywhere you can in the truck so when you're goin down the road hittin bumps and driving on cliffs and all kinds of rough terrain, these things get bumped around, broke, everything. thats why i say they're pieces of shit. the internet can tell you that the aimpoint sights are better than anything on earth for whatever reason, but the reality is, an Eotech is better. yikes it might cost 5 bucks to replace the battery in it every once in a while, but when it comes to shooting QUICK, and ACCURATELY without ANY effort, i think i'll be just fine with an Eotech, along with many other people who will tell you the same thing.
            sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

this is like comparing a BB gun scope to an ACOG....

Comment

ACOG pwns both
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

yes. here is a further explanation to what i said earlier, look at the reticle of any Eotech holographic sight, large outer circle, with a very small dot in the center, then the aimpoints, just a small dot, thats it.... its been proven that with only that one dot in the center, shooters tend to try and focus too much on getting that dot DEAD CENTER with their target, which takes time, and in a combat situation, or home defense situation, that time could kill you.... the bigger outer circle on all Eotechs make it FASTER to pick up target, center mass without even trying, completely effortless, blink of an eye type shit... thats time on the trigger, and your ass still alive... doubletaps are even easier with the them. like many other people have said, that outer circle is just magic, somehow it can make a worthless shooter into an expert in no time. its just too damn easy

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                    this is like comparing a BB gun scope to an ACOG....
                    So the Aimpoint is like a cheap tasco BB gun scope? lol

Comment

in comparison yes. you wouldnt buy a bb gun scope to put on your m4, you would buy the ACOG. lol

Comment

So why do they issue the Aimpoints?

Comment

because they are cheap. the military gets everything by what costs less. our armorer is ALWAYS complaining about how many aimpoints he has to fix. complete junk. hasnt had many Eotech issues.

Comment

i had 2 aimpoints go bad on this last deployment. As the Plt Sgt I replaced them for 7 of my guys at least once, not counting anyone who wasnt too lazy to walk their happy ass to supply on their own. when they work, they work good. I was willing to trade half my ammo for an ACOG, we didnt have any eotechs and were ordered to have no personal equipment installed

Comment

^^^ what he said. i mean personal preference is what this all comes down to, but in a super shitty up close and personal situation, what would you prefer,,, an eotech, or a louzy aimpoint red dot sight...

Comment

Working...
                              X