Good subwoofer for surround sound??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good subwoofer for surround sound??

Any good ones for under $100. We bought a new receiver unit and just used our other speakers, but the sub we had wont work with it.
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Don't expect much from a $100 sub. I've new egg and amazon list the Polk PSW10 for $99

What are your room dimensions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Spend a bit more and get this...

Never ordered from that website though.

Comment

No

This is what I have and it's considered "low end" http://www.ebay.com/ctg/JBL-ES250P-S...ers_Subwoofers

Comment

Ok. Let's get something straight. Not every room/space that has a subwoofer needs to have a $375+ subwoofer.

I have that $99 Polk sub in the room that I posted in the "Hone Media Center" thread, and it suits my needs just fine. It rattles the windows at just the right times and didn't break the bank.

To be honest, we need more information from the OP in order to identify what he actually needs vs what he wants. We know that he wants something under $100. We don't know what he needs. That being said, I know that the Polk sub that was posted earlier will work just fine for a smaller room, and will work especially well for someone that has midrange speakers already and doesn't have anything for the low end at all. Is it going to blow everyone's face off when the rocket lifts off? Probably not, but it will be perfectly capable of providing the additional audible range required for a surround sound system. There are plenty of better subs out there, much better in fact. From the information we have, I'd say that Polk will be just what the doctor ordered.

I have also "heard" good things about the BIC stuff, and for ~$160 it's probably a pretty good deal, and a very good value. Although in terms of the request it's 60% more of what was requested. Obviously a $375 sub is more than he wants to spend. Is it better? Most likely. Is it what he wants/needs? I doubt it.

Comment

STROKD w/ a $12,000 servo driven, carbon fiber/unobtanium, 3000w prototype brand from Denmark that nobody has ever heard of in 3...2....1...

j/k buddy

Comment

Nothing special really. Just needs to sound good and have good bass at the right times. We were watching ghost rider 2 the other night and since we dont have a sub, it tried coming through the lil speakers and the whole movie sounded horrible. Weve got rca speakers up front, yamaha rear speakers, and a Insignia reciever. Then dimension of the living room is like 12X10. Probably a lil bigger.

Comment

That Polk will be just fine.

Comment

I dont see that polk you were talking about. Were ya get it at??

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                    I dont see that polk you were talking about. Were ya get it at??
                    Post #2. I got mine from newegg.

Comment

My in-laws have a small Polk (Maybe 10") that came in a HTIB, and it is surprisingly loud for it's size.

I use a Polk 505, and it's a beast.

They make good stuff for the money. If you can get one for your budget, that's what I'd do.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                        No

This is what I have and it's considered "low end" http://www.ebay.com/ctg/JBL-ES250P-S...ers_Subwoofers
                        I have the same thing and there is no way I would go backwards.
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          What are the other speakers and what other components? How big is the room?

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                            It's a good sub for the money but my dad has a B&W 5.1 system and it makes mine sound like it was purchased at toy r us.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              What are the other speakers and what other components? How big is the room?
                              Mine wasn't really in a room. It was a one story open floor plan home. So that sub had a lot of air to move. It would shake the house if turned up listening to jungle beats (rap). Other speakers are from an older Pioneer 5 speaker system. Main speakers are 3-way with 12" drivers, center channel 2-way with 2, 4 inch drivers and surround was a 1-way with 4" drivers. Pretty cheap. I'm going to upgrade soon when I move into my new place at the end of this month. Looking at L series JBL or maybe PSB speakers and NAD electronics.

Comment

Working...
                              X