Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got done reloading my first rounds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got done reloading my first rounds.

Got the new press the other day. Finally got it all set up and dialed in.

I made my first 11 rounds, and i cant wait to get a digital scale haha. This lee balance beam is a bitch. I am also surprised at how accurate the pro auto disc is. I had todo the loads light as i am not super confident in the scale or the powder drop yet.

I think i did a good hour of just checking powder drops.

I will be taking them to the range on friday pending snow fall.

The new 8th ed of the hornady book calls for 20.8 gr of h335 with a 55 grain v max.

With the double disk kit i chose 20.6 grains to start.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    Got the new press the other day. Finally got it all set up and dialed in.

I made my first 11 rounds, and i cant wait to get a digital scale haha. This lee balance beam is a bitch. I am also surprised at how accurate the pro auto disc is. I had todo the loads light as i am not super confident in the scale or the powder drop yet.

I think i did a good hour of just checking powder drops.

I will be taking them to the range on friday pending snow fall.

The new 8th ed of the hornady book calls for 20.8 gr of h335 with a 55 grain v max.

With the double disk kit i chose 20.6 grains to start.

Awesome man. Glad to hear you're off and running. Digital scales are good for quality control, but when things really matter I use my balance scale
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I will be buying a more consistent balance beam.

The lee just is not as consistent and easy to read as i would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        I will be buying a more consistent balance beam.

The lee just is not as consistent and easy to read as i would like.
        I use an old lyman precision from the 50's. I use it to calibrate all my digital scales. Accurate to the thousands of a grain.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
        X