New 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1911

I debated whether or not to post up, but I wasn't aware colt had licensed some .22 1911's so I figured maybe it would be nice to let people know. Originally I had ordered an M&P .22 through Steve at MGS, but at the last minute he convinced me to buy another 1911. Most all of the parts are interchangeable, except the caliber specific parts. Add in a 12rd mag and 1911 feel and it's a winner. They are suppose to be extremely accurate and reliable. My only concern is with a 5" barrel my .22 is going to go supersonic I'm sure.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Fucking sweet! Cant wait to try this thing out.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Big props to Steve @ MGS, gave me a great deal on it. He has a few more up there if anyone is interested. One interesting thing is it's kinda hefty. It actually weighs an oz more than my delta and my M1911.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thats BEAUTIFUL!!!!! NOICE!!!!!!!!!
        ./ ____ _ _\.
        (]]]_ o _[[[)
        \o_FORD_o/
        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

I picked up a Sig 1911-22OD froma board member earlier this week and I can't wait to get to the range this weekend and shoot it. Has the nice look and feel of a 1911 but I can afford to shoot it!
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Off topic but did they have many k31s at MGS?
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Off topic but did they have many k31s at MGS?
              Honestly I never left the counter and looked, but they usually do.

Comment

Are the Colts 1911-22's still made by Umarex?

I got the Sig over the Colt, back when I bought one, because the Colts were Umarex and the Sigs were GSG. GSG seemed to have better quality, but it's been a while since i purchased or looked at them.
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                  Are the Colts 1911-22's still made by Umarex?

I got the Sig over the Colt, back when I bought one, because the Colts were Umarex and the Sigs were GSG. GSG seemed to have better quality, but it's been a while since i purchased or looked at them.
                  Well, just about every reviewer and owner I've read over at 1911.org and the GSG forums agree the umarex colt's are much better quality. But, the GSG's are nearly $150 cheaper. Umarex makes the Colt AR15 .22's as well.

Comment

Interesting. From playing with both back when I purchased the GSG seemed better quality. Like I said though, it's been quite some time so maybe Umarex stepped it up or GSG lost their QC.

Either way, let us know how she performs.
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Only suppressed gun that is more gentlemanly is the Walther PPK. Even in .22lr, I tilt my hat in approval to you sir.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Does the slide lock back after the last round has been fired? I always hated that problem on the conversion kits.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                          Does the slide lock back after the last round has been fired? I always hated that problem on the conversion kits.
                          Yep, it locks back. The GSG's lock on the magazines, the colts lock back on the actual slide lock.

Comment

My Sig locked on the slide lock...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                              My Sig locked on the slide lock...
                              Yep. Locks back on the slide not the mag.

My Sig is the loudest 22 pistol I have ever heard. With the Alpine you can only hear the action....
                              Last edited by Chopped54; 07-14-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X