Ohio St. players suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio St. players suspended

for NEXT season??? Really? They get caught BEFORE the bowl game and have to sit out the first 5 games next year. What a joke the NCAA is. Wonder if Pryor comes back now

Five Ohio State football players, including quarterback Terrelle Pryor, must sit out the first five games of the 2011 season for selling awards, gifts and university apparel, plus receiving improper benefits in 2009, according to the NCAA.

Why is one players ring worth more then another? I don't get that. Besides it is their ring do as you please..... Fucked up situation.

Comment

If you haven't seen it yet, watch the 30 for 30 on SMU. That will really piss you off. Accurately depicts how the NCAA used to be about integrity, and how now they are nothing but money hungry pieces of shit. The best part of all, is Dan Bebe was the investigator that handed out the death penalty to SMU, and now he's the fucking head of the NCAA, trying to sweep the Cam Newton deal under the rug. It's all about money.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        If you haven't seen it yet, watch the 30 for 30 on SMU. That will really piss you off. Accurately depicts how the NCAA used to be about integrity, and how now they are nothing but money hungry pieces of shit. The best part of all, is Dan Bebe was the investigator that handed out the death penalty to SMU, and now he's the fucking head of the NCAA, trying to sweep the Cam Newton deal under the rug. It's all about money.

Heard it also makes Dickerson come off as a stuck up prick. Haven't seen it yet

Comment

Cam Newton gets busted mid-season and nothing happens. Don't act so surprised about this. The NCAA is about as corrupt as our politicians, if not more so.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
            Heard it also makes Dickerson come off as a stuck up prick. Haven't seen it yet
            I don't think it did. Every time he was asked whether he took money or not, how he got that trans am, etc; was the same response every time. "My grandmother bought that car. That's it." He had a smug, half smirk on his face when he said it, but I don't think it made him come off like a stuck up prick. I'd say Craig James did quite the good job at that. Of course he took the fucking money. But why does he have to admit it?

It was irritating though, how they treated their own (Craig James). Never once asked him if he took money, etc. And he was one of the main ones! They just didn't want to tarnish his image. Fucking pussy.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
              Cam Newton gets busted mid-season and nothing happens. Don't act so surprised about this. The NCAA is about as corrupt as our politicians, if not more so.
              i concur with this guy
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

i will say this, if they are selling that to make extra money for food and stuff then i have no problem with that.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

Beebe is the Big 12(-2) commisioner.
                  sigpic

Comment

They should just enact the suspensions the day after they graduate, that way the Buckeyes will be able to live up to the top 5 pre season ranking they'll be sure to get.

Comment

I guess Ohio state didn't pay off the NCAA enough.

They should have sought consulation from Auburn.

"My dad sold all that stuff. I had no idea." Pryor said.

Seriously, it is his own stuff. Why is he being suspended for selling his own stuff?

AND, why are they paying up to $2500 to a charity? WTF? How can the NCAA force and expect an UNPAID player to pay $1000 to $2500 to a charity?

This is all retarded.
                      Last edited by mstng86; 12-23-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

haha ESPN asked Craig James about the situation. Yea, he has a good opinion on all this.

Comment

Pryor should tell them to fuck off and enter the NFL draft.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                            for NEXT season??? Really? They get caught BEFORE the bowl game and have to sit out the first 5 games next year. What a joke the NCAA is. Wonder if Pryor comes back now

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5950873
                            It's all about money man. Bowl ticket sales, bowl game merchandise, bowl revenue, TV revenue etc..... they can't suspend star players before bowl games or no one will watch them.

Stop thinking the NCAA is about anything besides money and you'll understand things much better.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              It's all about money man. Bowl ticket sales, bowl game merchandise, bowl revenue, TV revenue etc..... they can't suspend star players before bowl games or no one will watch them.

Stop thinking the NCAA is about anything besides money and you'll understand things much better.

I understand perfectly. They'd rather slap a university on the wrist than actually punish them. Their will never be another death penalty brought down on a University again, so why would anybody be scared to do wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X