Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Nifty tool box for the garage. - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nifty tool box for the garage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty tool box for the garage.

Been looking for something economical for the garage. My current tool box is getting full and I really need to get more storage space for my other power tools instead of having the scattered in various places in the garage. I thought this would be a pretty good deal for the price. I saw it yesterday at Sam's. Seems sturdy enough with ball bearing drawers. (at least they felt like ball bearing drawers) It's the cheapest price for the size. (72" long) Anybody else have something similar for a better price?

Buy Seville Classics® UltraHD® 12-Drawer Rolling Workbench, 77" W x 20" D x 37.5" H : Workbenches at SamsClub.com

I went with Craftsman's 40" griplatch ball bearing top and bottom set for $699 plus a full 40" intermediate drawer for $199.

Yesterday I picked up two 26" 4 drawer ball bearing tool box bases for $89 each. They were tagged at $109 but rang up at the cheaper price. Those will be for general large boxed up toolsets etc once I get them mounted into my bench. Heck I may go pick up a few more for that price.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I had a similar problem here. If you have the space you might want to think about building a stationary bench with peg board above it. It gives you plenty of space underneath for the bigger tools and I like being able to hang stuff in the open. Its alot cheaper than 400. bucks. Here is what I built last month. I already had the 2x4s and I spent about 30 on the peg board and 25 on the mdf for the top.

Comment

Looks like a great deal, however rear the reviews, assembly required,, every part, looks like folks spent between 3-6 hrs putting it together. Alot of them felt the drawers were flimsy, and only 40 lb limit/drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
          Looks like a great deal, however rear the reviews, assembly required,, every part, looks like folks spent between 3-6 hrs putting it together. Alot of them felt the drawers were flimsy, and only 40 lb limit/drawer.
          It would take a good while to put together for sure. That is a big issue for sure. I am ok with the 40 lbs per drawer limit. Most of the stuff I need extra space for is no heavier than a circular saw.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
            I had a similar problem here. If you have the space you might want to think about building a stationary bench with peg board above it. It gives you plenty of space underneath for the bigger tools and I like being able to hang stuff in the open. Its alot cheaper than 400. bucks. Here is what I built last month. I already had the 2x4s and I spent about 30 on the peg board and 25 on the mdf for the top.

I may have to entertain the peg board. I have a small one in my garge, but may need to go with a large one like yours.

Comment

For $400 it seems like a pretty good deal. Im wary of it being chinese and having to put it together but like I said, for $400 it seems like a good deal!

Comment

Nice deal being that its 72" box.

All the toolboxes I ahve seen at Sams/Costco have been good quality. I have a CSPS from Costco from a few years ago. It is a stainless one, 54" I believe. Great quality

Comment

I have the 41" stainless from Sam's club. It's holding up quite nicely , been about 7 years now.

If I could figure out how to post a picture on this site, I would post up one.

Comment

Talking about a mess....... The 72" box would look good next to my current box. That way I could ditch the table. I will be cleaning the garage this weekend. But I still don't have enough storage to do any good.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                      that's similart to my setup, fortunately the previous owner had already built it when I bought the house. MAN CAVE FTMFW !!!!
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                        that's similart to my setup, fortunately the previous owner had already built it when I bought the house. MAN CAVE FTMFW !!!!
                        But, do you have a green ladder laying around like the rest of us? Apparently those are popular.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                          But, do you have a green ladder laying around like the rest of us? Apparently those are popular.
                          Actually, I do !! In fact, I have the exact same ladder, no BS.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                            Actually, I do !! In fact, I have the exact same ladder, no BS.
                            That is just fucking funny.

Comment

My dad has the work bench and the smaller box that match that one. He has had them for a couple of years, the quality of them has been great.

Comment

Working...
                              X