Good Leather cleaner/protectant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Leather cleaner/protectant?

I was using Meguiar's leather cleaner/protectant in a spray bottle that I bought at Walmart. Now Wally world has Meguiar's seperate products, a spray bottle of leather cleaner, and another of leather protectant.

So twice the expense, and twice the work! I want to stick with a spray bottle of cleaner/protectant. WW does have "Black Magic" cleaner/protectant, but I'm not famliar with that product. What are you guys using?

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
    I was using Meguiar's leather cleaner/protectant in a spray bottle that I bought at Walmart. Now Wally world has Meguiar's seperate products, a spray bottle of leather cleaner, and another of leather protectant.

So twice the expense, and twice the work! I want to stick with a spray bottle of cleaner/protectant. WW does have "Black Magic" cleaner/protectant, but I'm not famliar with that product. What are you guys using?
    Year/make? It would depend on if you have finished or unfinished leather.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
      Year/make? It would depend on if you have finished or unfinished leather.
      2012 Mustang

Comment

Check out this thread. It will be of great knowledge and help.
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

I got a leather cleaner/conditioner from the Chemical Guys. Not sure what think, it does clean, but leaves no sheen at all on the leather. If anything , it has less gloss after being treated.....

It is specifically described as a cleaner/conditioner with lanolin, vitamin E and neats foot oil. It does leave a nice new leather smell

Comment

I've got a bottle of the chemical guys and hate it. Its peanut butter colored stuff that no matter how careful you are, leaves peanut butter looking residue in the grain. What I've always used otherwise is lexol with excellent success. It does leave a bit of a sheen to it so if you use it too often, it can start to build up. If I use it once a month that seems to be about right on a daily driver. You can buy it at any auto parts stores. If smell is what your after, Zaino has a good cream that actually smells like leather but it doesn't leave any kind of a sheen behind.

Comment

You just got the conditioner, which does look like peanut butter. But the cleaner/conditioner is a pale blue & leaves no residue. To me , Lexol smells nasty

Comment

I've got the cleaner too. The blue stuff is their one step process, I've got the 2 step. If smell is important I'd try the zaino but again, it doesn't sheen. Lexol seems to be the only stuff I can find that leaves any kind of sheen at all.

Comment

I'm also looking for some too.......

Comment

Me too, I need to clean/condition the seats in my van.

Comment

First post here....I've always been a fan of Zaino Bros

Comment

Saddle soap, you can buy it at tractor supply

Comment

"leather care", "leather Restoraion", "leather dye", "Leather Preservation", "leather", "Leather Cleaning"

This what Nick uses.
                          Originally posted by The King
                          I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Blue magic shit is awesome. Made seats in our Yukon look brand new.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                              http://www.leatherique.com/

This what Nick uses.
                              That's good shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X