Quality microfiber towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality microfiber towels

My regular car wash uses a thicker, larger microfiber towel than anything you find in an autoparts store. I've contacted the owner about them, but the supplier they get them from sells them in minimums of 100, @ $2/ea. I've bought 2 from the detail/drying guys, but they're reluctant to sell, fearing getting in trouble/losing their job. I don't need a towel so bad that I would want someone to lose their job over it.

Where are you detail guys getting yours?

Janitorial supply?
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Originally posted by barronj View Post
    My regular car wash uses a thicker, larger microfiber towel than anything you find in an autoparts store. I've contacted the owner about them, but the supplier they get them from sells them in minimums of 100, @ $2/ea. I've bought 2 from the detail/drying guys, but they're reluctant to sell, fearing getting in trouble/losing their job. I don't need a towel so bad that I would want someone to lose their job over it.

Where are you detail guys getting yours?

Janitorial supply?
    Why not find some buddy's and buy a hundred and split them up. They don't go bad.

Comment

My wife would shit a chicken if I came home with 25+ towels, but that's another issue all together. Mah pimp hand might be a little dusty.
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
        My wife would shit a chicken if I came home with 25+ towels, but that's another issue all together. Mah pimp hand might be a little dusty.
        Buy some from the owner. Austin's pretty laid back. Smoke a little "chronic" with him, and he'll sell you a few.

Comment

The 24/ct package of MF at Sams are of good quality, for about $12. The ones from Costco are horrible and will mar soft paint, I believe they come in a 36/ct pack.

Autodetailingsolutions.net -Great place to order from. Cheap shipping and the owner, Rick, is very helpful and will work with you. Mostly Meguiars products, they have been bringing in some other lines including OPT, Menz etc.

Autogeek.net - Another great retailer.

Both of these sites will have EVERYTHING you need to take care of your ride.
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Griots garage

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                The ones from Costco are horrible and will mar soft paint, I believe they come in a 36/ct pack.
                This man speaks the truth. I purchased 2 of the 36 count microfiber towel packages to have anytime I detail my vehicles...but after using them to wipe off wax of after buffing a car, they mar the paint.

So now I use them for interior only, windows, or when I'm going to check fluid levels. They are great cheap multi-purpose rags, just not for paint.

Comment

I buy Cobra microfibers from autogeek! Top notch microfibers but a little pricey... Well worth the money though. They often have BOGO offers too.
                  Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Try Chemical Guys MF products. Their Supra Miracle fluffer MF are crazy good. I use a lot of their products exclusively.

Comment

I have some that I have owned for the better part of 5 years that are my favorite....and I've tried a lot of the ones found locally in parts stores. I got mine at Metro Color when they had a store here in O.C. They are made by a company called Presta, but I don't know if they are still around. They also had their own line of waxes, polishes, compounds...etc.
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                        The 24/ct package of MF at Sams are of good quality, for about $12. The ones from Costco are horrible and will mar soft paint, I believe they come in a 36/ct pack.

Autodetailingsolutions.net -Great place to order from. Cheap shipping and the owner, Rick, is very helpful and will work with you. Mostly Meguiars products, they have been bringing in some other lines including OPT, Menz etc.

Autogeek.net - Another great retailer.

Both of these sites will have EVERYTHING you need to take care of your ride.
                        X2 on Sams...
                        04 GT
                        91 LX

Comment

I get mine from Steve at Showroom FX in Dallas. His blue microfibers are very thick and soft. I also second the Cobra towels from autogeek.
                          Scott Ganow
                          Lone Star Performance
                          16300 Midway Rd
                          Addison, TX 75001
                          214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
                            I get mine from Steve at Showroom FX in Dallas. His blue microfibers are very thick and soft. I also second the Cobra towels from autogeek.
                            Just an FYI, Steve is no longer doing anything on the product sales side of things and has gone exclusively to detailing only. He had a bunch of close out stuff he got rid of but it was the last of inventory.

Comment

COSTCO MF towel wasn't like this in the beginning. When they first started selling them, they were reasonably soft and worked well. While I still wouldn't use it to dry or polish removal, they are fine for glass, door jamb, wheels/tires, etc. The last couple of packs I bought from COSTCO are absolutely horrible. Stiff, scratchy and doesn't pick up water worth a crap.

Another source for good quality MF towel at a reasonable price is Chemical Guys. Check for their sales and clearance and stock up.

Francis

Originally posted by 01lightning View Post
                              This man speaks the truth. I purchased 2 of the 36 count microfiber towel packages to have anytime I detail my vehicles...but after using them to wipe off wax of after buffing a car, they mar the paint.

So now I use them for interior only, windows, or when I'm going to check fluid levels. They are great cheap multi-purpose rags, just not for paint.

Comment

Working...
                              X