made a bookshelf for the wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made a bookshelf for the wife

She wanted something small to hang on the bedroom wall. Came up with this. simple and light enough to get the job done.

Sorry for the huge pic, cell post
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Looks great

Comment

not a fan of the decorative trim, and it looks like the stain is on awefully thick, but looks like good craftsmanship. i bet she loves it.

edit: sorry sounds like im trying to be a prick. most certainly not!
      Last edited by lowthreeohz; 12-27-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

my guess w/ the stain is he is going for a more distressed look... aged or whatever you would like to call it. I personally like to wipe mine fairly soon after application.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
          not a fan of the decorative trim, and it looks like the stain is on awefully thick, but looks like good craftsmanship. i bet she loves it.

edit: sorry sounds like im trying to be a prick. most certainly not!
          I presume the thick stain comment is in regards to the backboard. I chose not to run it through my planer so it has a rough texture. Stain is about 3 applications, poly coat of 3 passes.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

How did you do the trim?
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Paint > resize > 50%

Comment

Should of made her a sandwich making shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                  Should of made her a sandwich making shelf.
                  Should have paid more attention in school.

Comment

Yeah, would you mind posting up a more...simple picture?
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

how many sammiches did you get paid?
                      2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                      X