solid rod vs 2 piece recoil spring in a 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid rod vs 2 piece recoil spring in a 1911

so i got my new cheapo 1911 in and the first thing i notice whhen i break it down is the recoil spring shooting out at my face. is it better to convert to a solid rod the spring sits on like my kimber has?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Works good, lasts a long time.

Comment

I have heard that there is no benefit of a full length guide rod...but I have also heard that GI short guide rods have a tendency to bind the spring and break.

Which is correct? I don't know.
      كافر

Originally posted by sc281
      Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
      Originally posted by Trick Pony
      ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
        I have heard that there is no benefit of a full length guide rod...but I have also heard that GI short guide rods have a tendency to bind the spring and break.

Which is correct? I don't know.
        It's always been debated, there will never be a consensus. Many say FLGR are for pistols with poor slide/frame fitment.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
          so i got my new cheapo 1911 in and the first thing i notice whhen i break it down is the recoil spring shooting out at my face. is it better to convert to a solid rod the spring sits on like my kimber has?
          Curious to hear what you bought. I just bought two "cheapo" 1911's myself, but they got good reviews. I'm thinking we may have bought the same brand possibly

Comment

Working...
          X