Leveling Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling Kit

I just bought my first 4x4, 2012 F150 SCrew 5.0. I want to level it out for now and lwas wondering what are the best brands/kits out there and is it easy to do or should I take it somewhere to get it done? Thanks.

I have a daystar on my 06 f150, Wasn't that bad to install. I see alot of people use the autospring spacer. Checkout f150online or f150fourm.

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

Find out if the ones from my 08 will fit yours. If so holla at me.

God bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Watch out, Paul levels assholes.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Installed the 2" kit from Hell Bent Steel myself in the garage. Took 1.5 hours. The front sit .25 in lower than the rear (measured at the bottom of the fender flare). Sorry for the shitty iPad pic. 3k miles have been put on since, no issues. No difference in ride quality can be felt.

Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

daystars on my 06..no complaints.

Comment

Has anyone noticed a ride difference after installing the leveling kit? I want to do it, but don't want to sacrifice the ride quality.

Comment

nope. it will eat your ball joints faster though.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                  Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

god bless.
                    how so?

Comment

Why doesn't a brand new truck come level from the factory? This confuses the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                        how so?
                        the levelling spacers alter the original angle for the ball joint and it causes premature wear on it. they were popping on my 08 fx4 with the 2.5 spacers on it when i traded it in.

god bless.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Why doesn't a brand new truck come level from the factory? This confuses the hell out of me.
                          So you don't look like a mexican when you put a trailer behind it or weight in the bed.

Comment

the levelling spacers alter the original angle for the ball joint and it causes premature wear on it. they were popping on my 08 fx4 with the 2.5 spacers on it when i traded it in.

god bless.
                            i was under the impression moving the shock away from the tower didn't alter the angles of the balljoints since everything is the same relative to everything else sans the height. learn something new everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              MPG ratings. Lifting the front even just 1.5 or 2" adds a lot more drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X