Sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine

In the first episode of the new season of Top Gear they interviewed director Danny Boyle, and Jeremy said that Sunshine was his favorite movie. I had never heard of it so I decided to download it.

Basically it's in the future, the sun is burning out, and a crew is sent to deploy a nuke into the sun to try and create a new sun within the sun.

I really liked it, the crew had to make some tough decisions and it touched on how religion could be the death of us all.

Check it out if you haven't seen it. It's the same director that did Slumdog Millionaire.

Comment

It's a good movie. Reminded me a little bit of Event Horizon.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
        It's a good movie. Reminded me a little bit of Event Horizon.
        Somehow I totally missed it, never heard of it when it was released. I enjoyed it.

Comment

I thought it was the same guy who did 28 Days Later? Either way, I saw it and have it around here somewhere, but I wasn't too big on it. Maybe I'll watch it again.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            I thought it was the same guy who did 28 Days Later? Either way, I saw it and have it around here somewhere, but I wasn't too big on it. Maybe I'll watch it again.
            The actor from 28 days later is in it.

Comment

The trailer says the director did trainspotting and 28 days later...

Comment

Here's a list of movies directed by Danny Boyle:

2010 127 Hours

2008 Slumdog Millionaire

2007 Sunshine

2004 Millions

2002 28 Days Later...

2000 The Beach

1997 A Life Less Ordinary

1996 Trainspotting

1994 Shallow Grave

Comment

He's got a few good movies. The Beach was fucking awesome and who can forget the baby crawling on the ceiling in Trainspotting? Nobody, that's who.

Comment

I've only seen Sunshine, Slumdog & 28 Days Later, I guess I need to check out some of the others. I thought Slumdog was a great movie, very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      I've only seen Sunshine, Slumdog & 28 Days Later, I guess I need to check out some of the others. I thought Slumdog was a great movie, very well done.
                      The Beach is on instant netflix if you have that. Great movie. Actually the first movie with Leonardo DiCaprio that made me like him has an actor.

Comment

Working...
                      X