Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about the Willys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about the Willys?

Pretty sure I just traded one of my tractors for a 46 model Willys, and am about halfway excited about it. The motor was rebuilt less than 100 miles ago, new clutch, new brakes, all new seals, extra transfer case and engine, all kinds of extra parts... All it really needs is new olive drab paint and the rest of the stuff to make it a Rat Pack replica. Can't wait!

What are these things worth? Can't really find much on them on the net so it's kinda difficult to put a value to it...

Only difficulty is I have to get a title to it. He has a bill of sale, and I'm sure that I can get one, but worried it will be a pain. Where are the serial numbers on these things, anyone know? There aren't any readily visible...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Is it a wagon or the jeep style? My Dad has a 48 Wagon and a 56 wagon

Comment

The jeep style. Should have it tomorrow to post pics.
      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

If you plan on driving it at speeds above 30 mph, you may want to invest in a Saginaw steering conversion, the Ross steering setup that they have from the factory is outright dangerous.

My Jeep, which was built when Kaiser owned Jeep, had the vin tag riveted onto the firewall on the top driver side. I doubt it helps you much though.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Got it yesterday and after spending the day checking it out, sent it back. Just too far gone and in need of waaay too much more. Going to put the tractor on Craigslist and see what kind of Jeep or Bronco trade offers I can get on it.

I did find out what you're talking about on the steering though. At idle in second, which is as fast as I took it, it jumped about 6-8 feet sideways instantly, taking almost a full turn of the wheel to get back on top of it. Completely freaked me and my ten year old out! Damn!
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Yeah, the Ross-style steering was rough when there were brand new, add in years of wear and tear or even something as simple as the springs sagging and it throws out the geometry.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
            X