Need help with water spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with water spots

Any advice to get these off? On the glass, it is prevalent in almost any light. On the hood and most of the paint it is only obvious at a certain angle, after a good wax with Meguirs. I made some circles because I am excellent at MSPaint.

Did you clay bar before waxing?

Comment

Number 0 steel wool on the glass. If clay bar doesn't work on the paint , you will have to have it buffed and waxed.
      Last edited by Txstang1; 08-12-2012, 01:17 PM.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

We have hard water... I use a Mr Clean thing that hooks to my hose and has a cartridge that filters/softens the water. When I use that to rinse, my spotting problems are much diminished.

Are you doing a 2 bucket method?

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
          Did you clay bar before waxing?
          I did not, but that's what I was thinking I would try next time.

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          Number 0 steel wool on the glass. If clay bar doesn't work on the paint , you will have to have it buffed and waxed.
          Thanks. Will try the steel wool.

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
          We have hard water... I use a Mr Clean thing that hooks to my hose and has a cartridge that filters/softens the water. When I use that to rinse, my spotting problems are much diminished.

Are you doing a 2 bucket method?
          2 bucket - do you mean 1 to rinse off the dirty wash cloth, in order to keep the soapy water cleaner? No, I'm not doing that because it gets washed at the car wash in the next town over because our water is so hard at the house.

Comment

They're likely using recycled water (since its required now)... I'd not use that car wash any more...

Comment

Try a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Works wonders.

Comment

Meguiar's Ulimate compound will get rid of the water spots on the paint. I Love this product, it's got enought bite to work well, but does not leave scratches or dullness.

For the glass - aluminum wheel polish will clean it up nicely.

Comment

Some guys on the Mach1Registry have used this with great success. A few have said it worked on the paint as well but that's your call if you want to try it.

Whink Rust Remover

Comment

Since the water source for cleaning your car has been comprimised, get your hands on a product from OPT called "Optimum No Rinse", or ONR. Use this product with 2 gallons of distilled water from the grocery store and of course adequate washing and drying linens. I'll post later about the water spots.

Dylan
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

I use 50/50 water and vinegar to get water spots off my boat, works well on cars too. If that doesn't work, clay bar, polish with a buffer, then wax to keep from getting more.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                        Since the water source for cleaning your car has been comprimised, get your hands on a product from OPT called "Optimum No Rinse", or ONR. Use this product with 2 gallons of distilled water from the grocery store and of course adequate washing and drying linens. I'll post later about the water spots.

Dylan
                        How much do you pour into the 2 gallons??
                        GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

One ounce.
                          Detailing by Dylan
                          817-494-3396
                          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                            One ounce.
                            And you gotta order this stuff online correct? Cause i hate waiting for stuff if i can just go get it.
                            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Correct sir, no retailer around here carry it. Either go through Autodetailingsolutions.net or autogeek.net Personally, I'd go through ADS regardless of price. Rick is a great businessman and knows the industry. His customer service is of a very high level, shipping is fast (3 days avg), and the shipping gets really cheap. I remember paying $50 s/h for 15 gallons worth of of chemicals and many many other items. He does well.

Be sure to use quality mf's or even a waffle weave for drying if your car is not too contaminated. On several garage kept cars I take care of, ONR is all they will get cleaned with, and not a single swirl is instilled using ONR. Love it.

Dylan
                              Detailing by Dylan
                              817-494-3396
                              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X