Has anyone gone skydiving here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone gone skydiving here?

I am seriously thinking about doing it when it gets warmer. Where to go? How much does it cost now days. I was looking to tandem jump. TIA

I believe most places require a few tandems before a solo anyways. I have been wanting to go for ever.
    Ded

Comment

Get the thrill of a lifetime at Skydive Spaceland Dallas, one of the world’s busiest, most progressive skydiving training centers. Our completely remodeled, climate controlled facility is second to none!

It's not as scary as bungee jumping. I loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt
        I believe most places require a few tandems before a solo anyways. I have been wanting to go for ever.

I was told you get more time to enjoy the jump with a tandem. Your not constantly thinking about what you need to do so you can just set back and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Memo
          http://skydivedallas.com/

It's not as scary as bungee jumping. I loved it!

How much was it and how long ago since you did it?

Comment

No idea what the cost is, but they jump down at Hillsboro airport, as well.

Comment

About $150 plus video. Get the video. Hope you're not a fatass (250+)

Comment

I aint jumping out of a perfectly good plane

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg
                  If it was perfectly good, we wouldn't need a parachute.

Tandems are cheaper and you get to "enjoy the carnival ride". You can go solo/Accelerated Free Fall on your first jump, but you pay more, and you have to sit through an 8 hour class. If you're never going to go again, go tandem. If you go AFF, be prepared to drop a cool $10K once you're hooked. It's a lot of fun, but also a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe
                    About $150 plus video. Get the video. Hope you're not a fatass (250+)

Close, about 218

Comment

One of the funnest things I have ever done. Worth every penny.
                      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg
                        Have you SEEN the airplanes the use for this?????

Your only hope will be that it gets you high enough to jump before it craps out on you!

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN
                          I am seriously thinking about doing it when it gets warmer. Where to go? How much does it cost now days. I was looking to tandem jump. TIA

Midlife what?
                          Originally posted by Vertnut
                          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

To this day one of the coolest things I have ever done, and I've gotten to do some cool shit lol. I went tandem, which I recommend for your first time. If I ever get the extra coin laying around im going to get qualified. I jumped out in San Diego and it was about 200 bucks. You have like a 30 minute class on a couple quick basics then you strap in and go up.

Comment

Working...
                            X