No announcement yet.

What's the best multi-room tv solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best multi-room tv solution?

Moving to a new house in a few weeks and I am trying to decide what to do about the tv situation. The new house can get Verizon Fios but the pricing looks pretty high. I am a cheap ass but I will have tv's in 4 rooms for sure, maybe 5. I have Charter now and have one HD/DVR receiver and two basic receivers with internet for $99 per month plus tax. I can keep what I have now or I can change. Just wondering what you guys are using for multiple room setups.

I'm using the Hopper system from Dish. It uses a main 1TB HD Receiver and 3 HD "Joeys" which are small boxes used with each additional tv. They are about the size of an external hard drive. My additional tv's are wall mounted, so my Joey's are wall mounted and hidden behind them. You can record up to three different channels at the same time and six (I think) if you enable the Prime Time feature. You can also watch anything on your DVR from any room and pause and start back up in any room. The DVR has more space than you could ever fill. All in all, it's pretty damn cool.

Comment

What do you pay for that? What kind of channel package do you have? That looks like a great solution for me.

Comment

Just did somewhat the same. Was on AT&T uverse and the new area we moved to does not have Uverse so we had to go another route. We went with DirecTV. We may switch to cable in a few months so that we can have tv's in the spare rooms for company when they come. We chose not to with DirecTV because it would mean that we have to pay every month for 2-3 more receivers that we would not use more than 10-15 days a year. Not going to do that. Wish I would have done a lot more research before we decided but just did not have the time with all the things going on along with the move itself.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
          What do you pay for that? What kind of channel package do you have? That looks like a great solution for me.
          I have two hoppers and three joeys with the Americas 250 package with HD. $115.00/ month

Comment

We had a good thread on this a while back. I was able to get one of the very first Hopper systems (from Dish) back in March, and we really like it.

Comment

Use Crestron's Digital Media to distribute 1 cable box.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X