Another shooting. NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another shooting. NY

Several people have been wounded and one killed in a shooting incident outside New York City's Empire State Building, in which the apparent shooter was killed by police.
    .....bro....

Damn it.
    ./ ____ _ _\.
    (]]]_ o _[[[)
    \o_FORD_o/
    |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Um, guns r illegalz in Nu Yerk Citay

Just shows that gun control DOESN'T work...maybe if the citizens there were able to bear arms, they could have stopped it.

My CHL can't get here fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        Um, guns r illegalz in Nu Yerk Citay

Just shows that gun control DOESN'T work...maybe if the citizens there were able to bear arms, they could have stopped it.

My CHL can't get here fast enough.
        You can't stop a shotgun blast with a bear arm...
        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
          You can't stop a shotgun blast with a bear arm...
          Have you seen the size of those claws? It would slice through his gun and his fingers holding it!!

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            Have you seen the size of those claws? It would slice through his gun and his fingers holding it!!
            Yore probably right...
            .....bro....

Comment

Impossible: NYC is a gun free zone and Bloomberg doesn't let guns in the city. We all know criminals follow gun laws when they go on killing sprees
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Ah! Disgruntled employee.
                .....bro....

Comment

This story makes no sense. Handguns are illegal in NYC?

Two people are dead, including the gunman, and at least one other person was shot by a disgruntled employee who opened fire on a rush-hour street crowded with tourists and pedestrians outside the Empire State Building Friday morning, police said.

Police responding to reports of shots opened fire on the suspect, killing him, sources said. At least eight others were hurt in a possible stampede as thousands of terrified bystanders tried to flee.

Three sources said the gunman was a disgruntled employee who was fired Thursday from his job inside the building.

Friday morning, the gunman tried to enter the Empire State Building, but security officials would not let him in, sources said. He then waited for his boss outside the building, apparerently to target the boss in a revenge attack, sources said. Sources said the boss and the shooter had been having problems for several weeks.

At least nine people were hurt, but not all of them are shooting victims, an emergency official at the scene tells NBC 4 New York. Seven people were taken to Bellevue Hospital and two others to Cornell, the FDNY said.

Sources said many of the gunshot injuries appear to be consistent with buckshot wounds.

"Pop, pop, pop, pop, and I ran into my office, I was very shaken up," one witness said. Almost immediately, she said, police "were coming from everwhere -- the sirens, they were coming from everywhere. This is serious."

Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly were scheduled to hold a news conference at 11 a.m.

Authorities said emergency personnel received a call about the shooting at Fifth Avenue and 34th Street just after 9 a.m. and that units were on the scene within minutes. The FBI is also on the scene.

"We have multiple people shot in front of Empire State Building," an operator said over the police radio Friday morning, according to audio provided by radioreference.com. "We have two civilians shot. The perp is shot."

The conditions of those shot also weren't known. The body of the gunman remained on the street, under a white sheet, in front of Heartland Brewery at least two hours after the shooting.

Anyone traveling in the area is advised to expect road closures and detours. The stretch of 34th Street between Madison and Fifth avenues is closed, as well as Fifth Avenue between 42nd and 33rd streets.

In 1997, a 69-year-old man opened fire on the observation deck of the iconic landmark, killing one person and wounding six before shooting himself in the head. The gunman, Ali Abu Kamal, was taken to the hospital, where he died more than five hours after self-inflicting the fatal wound.

Law enforcement officials believe the 1997 attack was premeditated.

Officials at the Empire State Building declined to comment, except to say the building remained fully operational.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So is murder. Just sayin'

Comment

I don't buy any of this. You can't have a gun in NYC, you can't buy one. This isn't even possible.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I didn't know guns were illegal in ny......and that last time they had a shooting was in 97?
                        Last edited by A+; 08-24-2012, 09:37 AM.
                        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                          I didn't know guns were illegal in ny......and that last time they had a shooting was in 97?
                          Yeah 1997 - Sounds like Bloomberg's plan works great.

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

Comment

So a disgruntled worker with a gun equals a mass shooting similar to CO.? We wouldn't be hearing of this crap if it weren't for the CO shooting. I guess the media wants people to assume all shootings are gunmen just going around spraying lead for no reason.

Comment

Im waiting for the media to label someone a hero
                              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X