Windows Vista ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista ISO

I am trying to fix my mother-in-laws cpu and its done. Decided to redo everything but she doesn't have her cds. I've looked for ISOs to download but everyone wants me to sign up or other types of BS. Can anyone point me to an easy download for the CD? I have the product key and all that good stuff

vista, no. XP, yes. lemme know if u want it. vista sucks.

Comment

best way to fix a piece of shit vista box is to drive over it with a truck and buy a new computer IMO
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        best way to fix a piece of shit vista box is to drive over it with a truck and buy a new computer IMO
        Why when the internals are just fine?

Do you need an OEM or Retail, Home Basic,Premium....32 or 64 bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post

Its 32b I think its the Home Premium whatever that entails. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
            Its 32b I think its the Home Premium whatever that entails. Thanks!
            Is it a pre-built(Dell or the likes) or one you purchased parts and assembled?

Comment

if it's old enough to have Vista 32 and be in need of repair, it can probably be replaced by a $200 box
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

for the sake of conversation 200 dollars get won't get more than Intel Atom so it wouldn't be an upgrade

Comment

for the sake of conversation 200 dollars get won't get more than Intel Atom so it wouldn't be an upgrade
                  But for an extra $54...

Sorry, u are right tho. if the internals are good, just put a different OS on it. Vista sucks hardcore. Either go back to windows xp, or upgrade her to Windows 7.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                    But for an extra $54...

Sorry, u are right tho. if the internals are good, just put a different OS on it. Vista sucks hardcore. Either go back to windows xp, or upgrade her to Windows 7.

Just my .02
                    That thing is a turd. I personally don't have a problem w/ Vista since SP2 came out. It improved the performance quite a bit. I know most ppls complaint is the whole UAC thing, but it was a step in the right direction for M$ and creating a more secure OS.

Now if folks would just quit arbitrarily clicking on allow for EVERYFREAKINTHING they might not get infected.

Comment

That thing is a turd. I personally don't have a problem w/ Vista since SP2 came out. It improved the performance quite a bit. I know most ppls complaint is the whole UAC thing, but it was a step in the right direction for M$ and creating a more secure OS.

Now if folks would just quit arbitrarily clicking on allow for EVERYFREAKINTHING they might not get infected.
                      But I'm the 100,000th person to the site and I'm gonna win an ipad....

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        But I'm the 100,000th person to the site and I'm gonna win an ipad....
                        Lolz How'd you get on w/ HDAT2 last night?

Comment

Lolz How'd you get on w/ HDAT2 last night?
                          HDAT2 hangs when scanning USB devices and doesn't find the drive by any other means(eSATA).

The Seagate tool doesn't go deep enough to remove the HPA partition. MHDD started loading some win XP program from DOS and I could never get it to identify the faulty drive.

I also found a Hitachi Features tool that is supposed to remove HPA, but it hangs as well.

In true ADD fashion, I'm messing with the HDD HPA problem while setting up my new HTPC and learning how to thoroughly confuse myself

Comment

Is it a pre-built(Dell or the likes) or one you purchased parts and assembled?
                            Its a prebuilt. a Compaq Presario. Is a few years old but my 76 year old MIL uses it to check both of her emails a month and to get pictures of grand kids. This box does her fine but now it won't do anything. I got the pictures saved and want to just start over

Comment

I have an old XP cd that I've been trying to put on it but for some reason its dragging along a lot. the HD might be messed up. I'm going to play around with it some more tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X