Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on these floor speakers

Price in the cart is like 133.00

Ok there was a time when I was a young lad and had pretty decent home set up. Nice Harmon pre amp, Yamaha B2x amp, two infinty sm152's, a nice Vega sub, pinnacle center and misc assorted goodies. I have gotten away from all that in the interest of being simple and cheap. Turned my box set Sony surround on today and hung my head. Got to looking around for some of the old Polk, Infinity stuff and nada. So I noticed Fry had these on clearance. Opinions? Worthy of my fronts? I did chuckle that Vega was making dual 15' fronts. Tempting but I want decent crisp fronts and a nice sub again I think. Not going crazy but I want a decent set up.

Going to be hunting for a deal on a nice HDMI reciever and maybe a good a old school amp. I found a Peavy today but thought that might be a tad much for what I want. I would really like wireless stuff for the back but not sure if any of that tech is great these days or not.
    Whos your Daddy?

Don't look bad for the price. Are they in stock?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Every store has them around here I think. If you hit the check availabilty button I know Irving and Arlington show to have them. Some of their recievers are really cheap too I noticed. Hell I was looking at reviews on line and I guess they got the mother load of them because the sale was mentioned a lot.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I tried to look on my phone bit it wouldn't work. I may audition them tomorrow for my living room. Was really wanting Klipsch rf7 for my media and move my rf3 to the living but they are proud of the rf7's

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Yeah the site was doing something wierd tonight. I know they both had them today.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Terrible. Don't waste your time.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              Terrible. Don't waste your time.
              All the reviews I've seen said they are pretty good but need power. Can you explain what you didn't like?

Comment

Would like to hear also. I was going to look at them tomorrow. I have a denon 3803 for them.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That was my parkinglot review.

They were in a room full of everything else pretty much and on a really solid looking reciever. JL's, Kiplsch, and more JBL's in the room. They didn't even sound close to anything in the room. Highs where non existant, mids where muddy, and the base was weak. I kept pushing the button between them and the other two sets of JBL's and I was in shock. I was even considering pulling one out to make sure they hooked it up right. The sales guy said that sale is always running they just are not great speakers. The two other JBL's sounded great and the Polks and Kilpsch where great but that one set was just bad.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That was my parkinglot review.

They were in a room full of everything else pretty much and on a really solid looking reciever. JL's, Kiplsch, and more JBL's in the room. They didn't even sound close to anything in the room. Highs where non existant, mids where muddy, and the base was weak. I kept pushing the button between them and the other two sets of JBL's and I was in shock. I was even considering pulling one out to make sure they hooked it up right. The sales guy said that sale is always running they just are not great speakers. The two other JBL's sounded great and the Polks and Kilpsch where great but that one set was just bad.
                    Well that sucks. Looked like a damn good deal. Thanks for the review.

Comment

Most of the JBL's are now imports. The older Lansing, Michigan, USA models were tits. I had a pair of L100T's (20 years ago) that were outstanding.

Comment

Went and looked at them today. They didn't sound bad for the price but I picked up some Klipsch rf62 ll for $249 each.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                          Went and looked at them today. They didn't sound bad for the price but I picked up some Klipsch rf62 ll for $249 each.

I had a feeling you were going to go look. Not even close to the Klipsch am I right? They really were not even close to anything in the room. They look like they should sound decent but I was really not impressed.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I had a feeling you were going to go look. Not even close to the Klipsch am I right? They really were not even close to anything in the room. They look like they should sound decent but I was really not impressed.
                            I didn't even listen to the klipsch. I have heard enough that I know I like the sound. I will hook them up in the morning and give them a musical work out.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                            X