Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning 9mm

Guy at work has one needs money and offered it to me,
    Anyone have, one shot one and have any feedback on it?
    Never had a browning i know they make pretty good shotguns/rifles but know nothing about handguns.

Thanks

The Browning Hi Power is IMO one of the finest pistols ever made. Simple elegance, high capacity, and the elimination the toggle link found in earlier John Browning designs all contribute to make it a great firearm.

Be aware though that there are some major variations. Where/when the pistol was made can effect the value tremendously.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Gotcha well whats one worth approximate?
      Do they come with issues?

What do i have to look for in buying a used gun?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
        Gotcha well whats one worth approximate?
        Do they come with issues?

What do i have to look for in buying a used gun?
        It is very difficult to say how much it is worth without seeing it. Some are worth 3k plus with swastikas on them produced under the nazi regime, and I saw king hussein of Jordan's listed for 25k. I have also seen some well worn ones for $400. A current production hi power (made in Belgium, assembled in Portugal) will sell new for about $900.

The only pistols more difficult to price guesstimate are Lugers and colt 1911s.
        Last edited by Moose242; 12-28-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

See thats what scares me, he wants 250 for it if these guns are nice guns why so cheap what can be bad? What can i check, im going to look at it today i can take pics and post them.

He says he bought the gun and is indeed registered to him....?

Ive never bought a gun in a legit form or to actually keep so i just want to make sure its a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            See thats what scares me, he wants 250 for it if these guns are nice guns why so cheap what can be bad? What can i check, im going to look at it today i can take pics and post them.

He says he bought the gun and is indeed registered to him....?

Ive never bought a gun in a legit form or to actually keep so i just want to make sure its a good deal.
            I would say that $250 is a good price for any genuine Browning Hi Power, even if it is pretty worn. But, there have been many copies made including cheap ones by norinco (chinese outfit) and a company in Argentina. A real browning stamped gun (they are now, and have been produced by FN herstal) should be worth at least $250. I am by no means a hi power expert, but if you post up some pics I can give you a rough estimate of what it should go for on gunbroker. They are one of the pistols that I do keep up with when it comes to current values.

Also there is no gun registration in Texas, just hand the cash over and its done. If you want to feel more secure, make out a bill of sale.
            Last edited by Moose242; 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks man ill post pics when i see it.

Comment

I'd do the bill of sale for sure, just to show proof of when ownership changed....just in case.

Good luck on this junior - maybe you can flip it for profit.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

$250 is fair enough.

Comment

this is it, i dont think its a hi?
                    Last edited by junior; 09-22-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I'm on a laptop with a tiny screen and that picture sucks, but it might be a Browning pro-9.

Comment

Yeah I cannot see much either.could be a high point for all I can see.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Sorry for the sorry pic but i can only upload 46k worth of pic and i took it with my gayphone (iphone)

Its a browning 9mm bdm made in usa utah

Gun looks pretty good shape hasnt been cleaned and u can tell but other than seems ok

Comment

Sorry man, I assumed incorrectly that it would be a Hi Power. $250 is a solid price for that gun though.

Comment

What do you mean solid?

Is it worth buying? Whats the resale value?

Gun comes with 2 magazines and price has dropped to 220.

Comment

Working...
                              X