Best metal polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best metal polish

Trying to polish up some nasty looking bumpers. Meguiers is working, but man ill be here for years using this stuff.

Im using a ball on a air drill.

Post a pic man and I can help you.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

It took me forever to do that side and it still doesnt look that good.

Comment

Brassos is cheap and works

Comment

I'd use a dual action polisher. Much more efficient than by hand. Meguiars "hot rims" mag and aluminum polish would cut that down very quickly. The chrome polish usually only cleans up light oxidation. If can get your hands on 0000 steel wool, you can try that too. Do it in an inconspicuous area first to see if it will mar your surface. Be sure to have the surface squeaky clean first so you can reduce the risk of damaging the chrome further. The other OTC metal polishes blow.
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Get some flitz. Awesome stuff
            1997 viper gts
            1986 turbo mustang
            1987 Buick grand national
            1972 nova

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
              Get some flitz. Awesome stuff
              Seconded. I do not know what the fuck kind of magical shit they put in there, but it works 2x better than any other polish out there, and I've tried all of them.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                Brassos is cheap and works
                i second the brasso stuff

Comment

There is so much pitting and discoloring on these bumpers im just going to have to have them re dipped.

Comment

try some stuff called never dull its in a silver can I wanting to say Eagle makes it but its like a big ball of cotton in the can it works great

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                      try some stuff called never dull its in a silver can I wanting to say Eagle makes it but its like a big ball of cotton in the can it works great
                      This is what we used at MCRD ( Marine Corp Rec. Depot in San Diego) and it does work well but if you have a bunch of pitting this stuff will get caught in any little crack and then you'll have a hairy bumper
                      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I did the best that i could, but the bumper looks like shit. To much corrosion.

Comment

Fairmont bumpers are not chrome plated, they anodized aluminum. If you polish/sand through the anodizing, they will shine, but oxididize quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                            Fairmont bumpers are not chrome plated, they anodized aluminum. If you polish/sand through the anodizing, they will shine, but oxididize quickly.
                            LOL seriously?
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              LOL seriously?
                              Seriously.... I owned a Fairmont wagon for 12 years

Comment

Working...
                              X