Anyone on here cast or swage bullets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here cast or swage bullets?

Been reading up on it a good bit lately and watching videos. Was wondering if anyone on here swages or casts their own bullets. If so, was gunna see if I could watch/help sometime. I'm looking to get into this but like to see/do stuff hands on first. I'll bring beer and lead.

I don't, but I am posting in your thread so you can look at my glorious avatar.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I'm putting Coumadin in your sausage btw...

Comment

My brother casts all his own bullets. Swaging is something very uncommon and it's unlikely you'll find someone who does that on the board.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
          I'm putting Coumadin in your sausage btw...
          As jacked up as my heart is that may well be beneficial!
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            As jacked up as my heart is that may well be beneficial!
            Hey man, just looking out for ya

Comment

My grandfather used to swage jackets and fill the core with lead for 30-06 back in the late 70's 180gr bullets I believe. I still have a few of the tools used but most got stole when my parents were moving sadly.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I would love to have a swaging setup for .223. The dies are so damn expensive.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

No shit, plus they can be made from fired 22lr cases which are more than abundant.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    No shit, plus they can be made from fired 22lr cases which are more than abundant.
                    Correct, last time I priced it a full setup was 2k.

Comment

From what I've found these guys seem to be one of the swaging leaders;

Comment

Corbins seems to be the standard these days, I believe my stuff is old RCBS since that's where they got their start.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                          From what I've found these guys seem to be one of the swaging leaders;

http://www.corbins.com/starting.htm
                          Those are the guys where it's 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                            Corbins seems to be the standard these days, I believe my stuff is old RCBS since that's where they got their start.
                            RCBS = Rock Crusher Bullet Swager.

Comment

Working...
                            X