Blu-Ray Player Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu-Ray Player Advice?

Looking to buy a blu ray player. And Pro and cons of some blu-ray players? What brand is usually good/inexpensive. lol
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Samsung, good quality for the money imo...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

PS3. Good quality, wifi, lots of support, good user interface, and you can use it for gaming if you ever wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        PS3. Good quality, wifi, lots of support, good user interface, and you can use it for gaming if you ever wanted to.
        yep

Comment

I heard that the PS3 had the lowest quality of the bluray players? I never really would play any games on it. I cant recall what games are for it that id like to play...

Comment

I have a Samsung and it works for Blu ray but all the network stuff and Netflix doesnt work. I have been looking at Oppo Blu Rays players and move the Samsung to the bedroom
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I dont care for the netflix or anything. It will only be for watching movies. Just need to know a good brand that wont be outta the pocket..

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                I dont care for the netflix or anything. It will only be for watching movies. Just need to know a good brand that wont be outta the pocket..
                Samsung.

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                  I heard that the PS3 had the lowest quality of the bluray players?
                  I've never heard that. I use two of them for this purpose and can't imagine the quality being better. I only play games on mine maybe 10 hours a year, if that.

Comment

it (PS3) can be used to stream torrents stored on my* PC. Just sayin'

*I've heard of people on the internet doing this, I would never download a movie for free onto my PC and play it via the network through PS3MediaPlayer on my projector in 1080p.... never ever

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post

*I've heard of people on the internet doing this, I would never download a movie for free onto my PC and play it via the network through PS3MediaPlayer on my projector in 1080p.... never ever
                      lmao!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I picked up a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 after seeing it was the best valued blu-ray player (Cnet). It has been great and can be turned on and playing a movie in under 10 seconds. Also a cool feature is you can download an app that can be used as a remote.

Comment

IMO get one that is WiFi if you have it were you live. These require updates ever so often and it is a PITA to find a cdr and then burn the update and install in player would be much easier to let it update via the WiFi
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post

That shit works great. Get a PS3, OP.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Big Lots has some sweet ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X