electrical question- home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical question- home

I have one breaker that supplies three outlets. Only one of the three outlets is working so the breaker has to be fine.

Could one bad outlet be causing the other not to work but the third be fine?

pm RuStYpNuS

Comment

Is the outlet a gfci? If not take the working outlet out of the wall and make sure all wires have a good connection. If all else fails pm me I'm cheap lol

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

No GFI- I removed the faceplate and screws securing outlet to wall- pulled out and put back and all works fine now. These are the older outlets where the wire secures from the back not the sides.

I guess something was loose- doesn't make much sense to me since that outlet is never messed with and always has an alarm transformer plugged into it.

Went out about 1:30 last night as I heard the alarm switch over to battery power.

Thanks for the reply- I will be needing some additional power in the garage soon. House only came with two outlets for the entire garage-weak.

Comment

Guaranteed solution is go spend the 23 cents for a cheap outlet at home depot and replace it. Although unlikely its still a fire hazard. Basically the outlet is arcing inside when it "connects" and "disconnects" over time it will get worse and cause the outlet to deteriorate. For as cheap as the outlets are it's worth it to be done right

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X