• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosed Car Hauler

What are you pulling?

What brands should I stay away from?

Discuss.....

I've got a 28' Pace Shadow and it's nice. Their suspension handles really well. Load it up with Pit Pal accessories or build it all yourself to maximize space

Carpet the floor with diamond plate ramps if you're hauling a Ford...tile's easier to clean if it's a Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
      I've got a 28' Pace Shadow and it's nice. Their suspension handles really well. Load it up with Pit Pal accessories or build it all yourself to maximize space

Carpet the floor with diamond plate ramps if you're hauling a Ford...tile's easier to clean if it's a Chevy
      haha this guy

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

28 foot pace pursuit....love it it holds golf cart and mustang and anymore shit i can put in it. I need some chrome wheels for it though
        KODFWS 2011

Comment

48 foot Pace Shadow GT 28 foot of cargo and 20 foot living area. I haul my 67 Cougar and a golf cart. FWIF I would go with the coin or vinyl flooring with diamond plate runners. Your screwed if you have an oil down on carpet. At the minium have diamond plate where the tires sit. the VHT softens the vinyl and it will pll up.

Comment

28ft Pace. I have all diamond plate flooring and I can say its great when something leaks or if working on the car in the trailer but if I could I would go with the coined flooring as you can't really work under the car all that well and if at a multi day event and you have a setup to sleep in the trailer the diamond plate is cold as a mother F'er in the morning.

Had a 40ft Rezner trailer with living quarters before this one and it was about the best trailer we owned. Vinyl flooring that never once ripped or tore and exceptionally well built cabinets were spacious and just an all around great built trailer.

Our 48ft vintage trailer was rock solid but bare. Drove great loaded with two door cars but the wood in it wasn't all that wonderful.

I would definatly say pace or a rezner(in oklahoma).
            3x NHRA/IHRA Division 4 Champion
            www.heathensracing.com

Competition Sales of Dallas
            Mothers Polish and Waxes
            Mickey Thompson Tires
            Champion Racing Oils
            MaxCackle Photos

"I bleed red, white, blue, and a little bit of E85"

Comment

Best way to answer this is .

Do you have at least a Diesel pickup at this time to pull one ?

If not, do you live close to where you plan to race ?

Then, what would be the budget to spend on a trailer ?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post

A Dr at my work has a 40' enclosed trailer and he pulls it with a 2002ish Chevy 3500 dually gasser . He has an easy $150k into his race car.

Comment

I have an American Hauler 28ft / 2004 model bought it new. The thing pulls great it's been from northern Cali to Miami. My only issue with it is the aluminum skin gave me problems within the first year and now the roof is coming apart I have repaired it myself and was not happy with the (cheap) way they laid the skin. The escape door also was attached with self tapping screws that backed out after 5,000 miles. I went back with nuts and bolts no more problems. There are better built brands out there. (Wells Fargo/ Pace).
                  Attached Files

Comment

40' featherlite goose
                    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

what bolt pattern are the pace wheels. looking to get some aftermarket wheels but dont want to pay pace;s price..are they chevy patter?
                      KODFWS 2011

Comment

What we haul our $500 lemons cars in.

and its for sale!
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post

I have an F150 that I would pull it with, locally, to K-Dale, Denton, etc....I have access to a F250 and/or expedition, that I could use if pulling longer distances.....Budget, I'd like to keep it at or under $10k

Continue discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            What we haul our $500 lemons cars in.

and its for sale!
                            http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...ailer-44-.html
                            Hey Baron, how ya doing? Talked to Russ lately?

Your trailer is a tad big for what I'm looking for.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
                              I have an F150 that I would pull it with, locally, to K-Dale, Denton, etc....I have access to a F250 and/or expedition, that I could use if pulling longer distances.....Budget, I'd like to keep it at or under $10k

Continue discussion...

On short hops, the F150 can pull it there, not well but it can..You might want to check if its legal , not sure if the towing capacity is and today , states are enforcing every possible law to generate revenue .

I pulled a 28, bare box enclosed for short time , for short distance and it plain sucked with a half ton ( this one was a 4x4 which I thinked help it suck)

Wind really pushes them( trailers) around

I looked and looked at all the trailers and I can kinda break it down like this

The basic trailers are like Haulmark, Pace,Vintage,classic carriers,etc.

On those types of trailers, more or less, they are all built about the same and cost about the same ..slight differences in trim, etc.

Then there are the better ones, like Featherlite, H&H, Performax,atc

After that, there is Ultima,Gold Rush , T&E...Etc.

The options are really endless and it depends on what and how often you are going to use it plus, you need a big spot to store on too

Anything less than 26' will be too small, frankly anything less than 28 would be off my list of new trailers

Mine is 30' , I have a restroom, shower, air, smoothsides, coin floor, ext hitch, elec jack, 6800 lb axles, and other things

I tow mine with a dually and its for me the only way to go

Look on racing junk, find one that fits your budget save money, should be able to get a deal

Comment

Working...
                              X