New Toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy!

So I have been looking for a doublestack 9mm 1911 for a while and was about to pickup a ParaOrdinance P18.9 but was having a hard time finding a NIB for a price I was willing to pay. Then I stumbled across a Rock Island Armory version that ALSO comes with a second barrel for shooting .22TCM for the about the same price as a used P18.9. Cool thing is that it uses the P18 magazines which can be found for $20.

Anyway, hope to shoot it tomorrow now that the ammo arrived. Should be a fun little toy and cheaper to shoot with the 9mm. Supposedly this thing has epic muzzle flash from the videos on youtube.

Only thing I don't like is the standard thumb safety so I will be ordering an extended one soon.

.22 TCM next to 9mm

Interesting, I haven't heard of the 22tcm.

Comment

How cheap is the TCM ammo?
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        How cheap is the TCM ammo?
        $20 a box of 50 and I have only found it on line at this point. Just really new and hasn't caught on yet. I want to say the gun and ammo was just introduced in January of 2012 and the gun didn't hit the retail market till May or June.

Postponed shooting it till this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          $20 a box of 50 and I have only found it on line at this point. Just really new and hasn't caught on yet. I want to say the gun and ammo was just introduced in January of 2012 and the gun didn't hit the retail market till May or June.

Postponed shooting it till this weekend.
          probably won't at that price and if its hard to get

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
            probably won't at that price and if its hard to get
            Well, I primarily bought it for the 9mm capability. The second barrell and goofiness of the round/muzzle flash is just for fun.

As much as we have been shooting lately, I have shifted my focus to 9mm away from .45 just because of costs. Hell, for some steel shoots, I might have to find a .22LR target pistol!!!! 250 rounds would cost me like $10 instead of $100 in .45 and about $70 in 9mm. Crap, there I go again trying to justify buying another gun because it's cheaper to shoot! LOL!

Comment

Well, I primarily bought it for the 9mm capability. The second barrell and goofiness of the round/muzzle flash is just for fun.

As much as we have been shooting lately, I have shifted my focus to 9mm away from .45 just because of costs. Hell, for some steel shoots, I might have to find a .22LR target pistol!!!! 250 rounds would cost me like $10 instead of $100 in .45 and about $70 in 9mm. Crap, there I go again trying to justify buying another gun because it's cheaper to shoot! LOL!
              Shoot a little more and you'll find you talking yourself into buying a reloading press. I can reload 500 9mm rounds for about 12 bucks more than your proposed 250 round price even with me buying once fired brass!!

Good looking gun, and looks fun!
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                Shoot a little more and you'll find you talking yourself into buying a reloading press. I can reload 500 9mm rounds for about 12 bucks more than your proposed 250 round price even with me buying once fired brass!!

Good looking gun, and looks fun!
                I believe you 100%....it's mostly a matter of finding time to do the reloading. I even have access to a really nice loading setup for free....ugh. Guess I should look into it more.

Comment

Yeah man, especially if you have access to one. I can normally pump out 500 rounds in a little over 30 mins on my 650 not trying too hard. I would say you'd be crazy to not take your buddy up on the offer.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

yah i bought a .22 conversion for my glock 17. I may get a sig mosquito or something though

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                      yah i bought a .22 conversion for my glock 17. I may get a sig mosquito or something though
                      Beware on the mosquito. We have one and have found that it only likes premium ammo and the mags are super expensive. The sig 1911 .22 is only like $50 more.

Comment

+1 on the Mosquito. When its running good its a lot of fun to shoot but it can be a hassle to get the right recoil spring in to match the ammo and if they aren't matched I get a lot of FTE and sometime it will eject but not pick up the next round. Mags were damn near $30 last time I bought one.

Would love to get my hands on one of the GSG or Sig 1911 .22s to try, but for now I snagged a Walther P22 that has run every ammo I tried with few problems.
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                          +1 on the Mosquito. When its running good its a lot of fun to shoot but it can be a hassle to get the right recoil spring in to match the ammo and if they aren't matched I get a lot of FTE and sometime it will eject but not pick up the next round. Mags were damn near $30 last time I bought one.

Would love to get my hands on one of the GSG or Sig 1911 .22s to try, but for now I snagged a Walther P22 that has run every ammo I tried with few problems.
                          Yeah, our Mosquito came with two recoil springs. I swapped them and it works better. Mags are closer to $50 now....pretty stupid really. Wife wants the sig 1911. I think we found one in our favorite store for $365? Need to investigate pricing on them.

Comment

Same price as Bud's carries them. I have heard they're made by th same folks that make the gsg 1911. Not sure if that's accurate though.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post

I have both the Mosquito and the Sig 1911-22OD. I like the 1911 more just because I am more comfortable with them but the mosquito is more accurate for me. The 1911 is a heavier gun so there is almost zero recoil from it and it feels like a cap gun almost, I've never had any FTE or FTF issues from the 1911-22OD. The mosquito can be picky about the ammo and when I first got it it would only shoot CCI mini mags but if you keep it clean it seems to help as I can shoot some cheapo winchester .22 through it now without problems. Either way for a .22 you can't go wrong with either.
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Working...
                              X