track insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track insurance

any of you guys buying insurance for track days? only company i know of is lockton. any recommendations?
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

good question! I have a tip, I have seen some mom and pop insurance companies unintentionally cover DE/AutoX wrecks because of their poorly written policy.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
      any of you guys buying insurance for track days? only company i know of is lockton. any recommendations?
      Lockton is the only one I have heard of that isn't a PITA to deal with. When my wife was running TWS there was an ontrack incident where a 08' vette stopped for a red flag and the following car did not see it and ran over the back of the vette. Vette had insurance with lockton and I recall him saying it was practically painless.

Pointer for you. If you have the insurance and you have an incident on track.....be sure the organization running the event provides you with a corner work visual report and a report from the event staff. It will make your claim with the insurance provider MUCH easier. Not all groups do this so be sure to ask for it and contact info for anyone that saw the incident or was part of it. Similar to street insurance but figured I would let you know there are many resources at the track that most people don't think of.

Comment

cool, good tip.

i took the evo out to MSR this weekend. it was just a single day event and wasnt supposed to be much door to door so i took my chances. all was fine but i think for future apex/de weekends i may buy the full weekend rate and just pay up since it is my daily driver.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

how much does this insurance cost?
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            how much does this insurance cost?
            a quick quote from them shows about $87 in insurance premium per $10,000 in agreed coverage.

somewhat strangely their price for 1 day events is the same as 3 day events:

HPDE Insurance BUY NOW High Performance Driver Education Insurance Lockton Motorsports offers a policy that covers what standard auto insurance won't—damage to your car when you're participating in HPDE, track day, or time trial events.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
            X