Chuck Liddell Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Liddell Retires

Discover the latest Premier Boxing Champions news, top stories, and analysis for your favorite fighters on FOXSports.com!

Former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell, one of the pioneers of modern mixed martial arts, has retired from professional fighting.

The "Iceman" said Wednesday that he will become an executive vice president for business development with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the promotion that rocketed him to stardom in the United States more than a decade ago.

Liddell announced his retirement during a news conference for UFC 125 on Saturday night.

The former collegiate wrestler made his UFC debut in 1998 and quickly became one of the sport's most popular fighters. He fought nearly every big name in mixed martial arts, including Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz and Wanderlei Silva.

His last fight was a knockout loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 115 in June.

About time.
    Fighters have just evolved pas him.
    I mean, he's no Couture. lol
    sigpic

Comment

overdue.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Definitely for the best.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            Good for him.
            Aww, look who finally decided to show his face after going in to hiding for so long.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Aww, look who finally decided to show his face after going in to hiding for so long.
              lol

And yes it was way overdue, I wish Tito would have not pussied out and Chuck would have kicked his ass and then retired. The Ace was just to young and fast for him. Oh well it looks like he has a nice cush job at UFC headquarters.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Chuck has been retired for awhile now, he just didn't want to admit it to himself.

Originally posted by BOOSTED32V View Post
                lol

And yes it was way overdue, I wish Tito would have not pussied out and Chuck would have kicked his ass and then retired. The Ace was just to young and fast for him. Oh well it looks like he has a nice cush job at UFC headquarters.

Tito is next to be retired. He just recently agreed to face Lil Nog in his next fight. If he loses, he is out of the UFC according to Dana White. He's 0-4-1 for his last five fights.

Comment

Now if only Sakuraba and Cro Cop would follow his lead.... Its a shame to see former elite fighters get smashed over and over

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                    Now if only Sakuraba and Cro Cop would follow his lead.... Its a shame to see former elite fighters get smashed over and over
                    That's just the evolution of the sport. Happens to the best of 'em all the time. He had a helluva run, though.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                      I can't believe he didn't want to retire after getting his ear torn off at the Dynamite event the other night! That was gross!

Comment

Working...
                      X