My latest acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest acquisition

I've had this one for almost 2 months. It's a Savage Model 10 in .308 Win with a heavy, fluted barrel, detachable box magazine, Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 scope with side parallax adjustment, Harris swivel bipod

كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Looks real nice. Nice and simple, I like it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

X2. Badass rifle

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
      03 cobra

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Get you some 175 or 178gr rounds and stretch it's legs out.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

nice! I want one!
            satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              Get you some 175 or 178gr rounds and stretch it's legs out.
              I was running 147 gr Winchester WB through it and had a hard time getting it sighted in. It may be that the scope is slightly canted. I need to take it out again. Anyone want to go to the range this week?
              كافر

Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
              ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Loooove it, that is perfect. I was eyeballing a 10FCP the other day. Damn I want a well set up 308. Do you have any opinion on their Axis model?

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
                  I was running 147 gr Winchester WB through it and had a hard time getting it sighted in. It may be that the scope is slightly canted. I need to take it out again. Anyone want to go to the range this week?
                  That stuffs not that great good for plinking or get a rough sight in done. Pick up some Federal, Corbon, Blackhills or Hornady with a good projectile and you'll be well ahead.

Comment

I suggest black hills, that is incredibly good ammo.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      Loooove it, that is perfect. I was eyeballing a 10FCP the other day. Damn I want a well set up 308. Do you have any opinion on their Axis model?
                      This is my first Savage, so I'm not fully aware of all the differences between the different models. However, just surfing their website, it appears that all of the Axis models are the lighter weight barrels, which there is nothing wrong with if you are carrying the rifle through the woods on a hunt. I would not get one (or any rifle with a light barrel except an AR15) if I was going to put a lot of rounds through it in a short amount of time. As the barrel heats up, the muzzle end starts to droop and throws off your accuracy. Once the barrel cools off, though, it should be back in line.

I put this package together to have a solid foundation that I could grow with and be able to use out to 1000+ yds if I decide to do so.

Originally posted by dee View Post
                      That stuffs not that great good for plinking or get a rough sight in done. Pick up some Federal, Corbon, Blackhills or Hornady with a good projectile and you'll be well ahead.
                      Duly noted. It seems that the lighter projectiles are only good to 2 moa with a crafted hand load. I will be on the hunt for decent factory ammo until I can get a reloading station up and going.
                      كافر

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                        Don't bother with an Axis. Buy a Stevens, and throw $10 at glass or putty bedding the stock, forward of the mag well.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Good looking gun. What is the twist rate? Before I started hand loading my 308 rounds I used the federal gold match 168 grain ammo and it worked very well. Depending on your twist rate you might be able to run what I do. But I haven't found a better bullet than the 185 gr Berger VLD's. Great bullets but they are very sensitive to seating depth.
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
                            I put this package together to have a solid foundation that I could grow with and be able to use out to 1000+ yds if I decide to do so.

Duly noted. It seems that the lighter projectiles are only good to 2 moa with a crafted hand load. I will be on the hunt for decent factory ammo until I can get a reloading station up and going.
                            Bullet design/length is more important than weight along with twist rate. I believe those savages have a 1:12 twist so it should be good up to 175gr stuff. A reloader can do very well with the 155gr Sierra's or Lapua's can be loaded to perform just as good, they just need 2850fps to be better.

Like CJ Black Hills is really good stuff, they have very food QC.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                              Good looking gun. What is the twist rate? Before I started hand loading my 308 rounds I used the federal gold match 168 grain ammo and it worked very well. Depending on your twist rate you might be able to run what I do. But I haven't found a better bullet than the 185 gr Berger VLD's. Great bullets but they are very sensitive to seating depth.
                              Berger's like to be just touching the lands or barely off them which usually means you will not be able to use the magazine.

Comment

Working...
                              X