Got me a couple of dirt bikes for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a couple of dirt bikes for Christmas

For me, from me, to me and my wife. I got a 2009 CRF230F (new) and the wife got a Kaw. KXL140L. Going to be looking for some places to trail ride and I may do some competetive riding. Where is good to go trail riding? The wife is brand new to dirt bikes.

Uhm, there's a long thread two spots below yours on the first page.

Read "So where do you ride dirt"...

Comment

sell the 230f and atleast get you a 250f the power and suspension will be an unbelievable difference

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
        sell the 230f and atleast get you a 250f the power and suspension will be an unbelievable difference
        ehh let him learn. At least he did not buy a chinese bike. LOL Besides when his wife moves up to his bike he can sell hers and move up to a 250. Win Win situation.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

post the pics of the wife on the bike

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
            I do not know if I would move to the 250F maybe the 250X. The 250f with its higher compression I do not think would make a good sound trail bike. Besides my old ass likes the easy button. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by econodrag View Post
              I do not know if I would move to the 250F maybe the 250X. The 250f with its higher compression I do not think would make a good sound trail bike. Besides my old ass likes the easy button. JMO.
              Yep my next bike is going to be electric start.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I had a 04crf250F and out of all the bikes I had it was the best for trails

Comment

Those are nice bikes, but you will not be doing any competitive riding with them. Get a 250F if you want to do that.

Comment

There's plenty of 250F's out there that have e-start. There's a tamed down e-start trail version of just about every motocross 250F out there. Unless you're really short and light the 230F will be too weak for most serious or competitive trail riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                      There's plenty of 250F's out there that have e-start. There's a tamed down e-start trail version of just about every motocross 250F out there. Unless you're really short and light the 230F will be too weak for most serious or competitive trail riding.
                      Well I am short. Only 5'7" but about 190lbs. I will likely move up to a 250x or 450x after a few months of getting my skills back. I do not want anything to radical right now while my wife lerns to ride dirt bikes. She is pretty excited about it and I do not want to deter her any at all. When she learns I will give her the 230f and get myself a larger bike. I do still have a old 91 Dr350 but that bitch is hard to start and no easy button.

Comment

I've still got and am loving my CRF230F...and I'm a fat-ass @ 255lbs! I did a short list of mods (about $300 total) and have been happy riding the wheels off of the thing.

You won't do any competitive riding on it though, believe me. I've been to 3 mx tracks with it and it's very underpowered. Still a blast to ride, but you won't find yourself keeping up with most people.

It is a great bike to learn on though. It's my first dirtbike and I don't regret buying it for one second. I doubt I'll ever even sell it, it's that much fun.

PM me if you want to know about the mods I've made to mine or if you have any questions.

- Jason

Comment

Thanks PM sent

Comment

ok just added a 2007 Yamaha WR250 to the fleet.

Comment

ok just added a 2007 Yamaha WR250 to the fleet.
                              thats more like it.
                              http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Working...
                              X