Opinions on these RRA pieces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on these RRA pieces?

Looking at getting one of these and would like some opinions. Most specifically on car-length or mid-length gas system? What's the big difference, a smoother shot? I'm also leaning towards the Eotech mount so I can get one of their sights on there.
    I know alot of you will say to build it instead of buy it. I'm just not that familiar with these yet and would like to have my first one that I know will work the first time and that I can fire as soon as is shows up.

Elite Operator2
    Rock River Arms, Inc. offers a complete line of American made, custom built AR15 style rifles.

Entry Operator2
    Rock River Arms, Inc. offers a complete line of American made, custom built AR15 style rifles.

Tactical Operator2
    Last edited by 94StangFiveO; 12-29-2010, 11:56 PM.

I just picked up one of their complete midlength uppers this past weekend and am pretty impressed. First day out I put 200rds+ through it with varying rates of fire and no failures at all. RRA makes good shit as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

If your going to spend that kind of money, just add a little more and get this one....308 http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=255

Comment

No objections to an AR10 here, just remember .308 will bankrupt your ass.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by tazz007 View Post
          If your going to spend that kind of money, just add a little more and get this one....308 http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=255
          I like the "affordability" of the .223. I'd rather get something that's bolt action for the larger caliber.

Comment

I really like my rock river. Call pete at legal tranfers and i bet he is cheaper than anyone.

ar15sales.com Give him a jingle. When i got mine durring the obama scare he did not raise his prices and delivered waaaayy before anyone else.

Comment

I have the Tactical Operator 2, no complaints here. This is my first AR, so I can't compare it to another, but it has been flawless after about 600 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                I have the Tactical Operator 2, no complaints here. This is my first AR, so I can't compare it to another, but it has been flawless after about 600 rounds.
                That's the one I keep going back to. I like the full quad rail so that I wont be limited on forward grip placement.

Anybody feel free to answer this...what's the big difference in the car-length and mid-length gas system(other than length and placement on barrell)? Isnt the mid supposed to be "smoother" as a far as shell extraction? I've read that basically if kept clean it pretty much doesnt matter.

Comment

mid lengths are supposed to have less problems and be nicer on parts.

I have never had a problem with any carbine length gas system.

Midlengths can also use a bayonet on

I went with the gov profile light weight on my entry tactical, and i really enjoy it when im having to carry it to my hunting spots tromping in knee high snow.

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
                    That's the one I keep going back to. I like the full quad rail so that I wont be limited on forward grip placement.

Anybody feel free to answer this...what's the big difference in the car-length and mid-length gas system(other than length and placement on barrell)? Isnt the mid supposed to be "smoother" as a far as shell extraction? I've read that basically if kept clean it pretty much doesnt matter.

Go for the middie. You can get your hand out further over the bore, more "rail-estate", less wear due to longer gas system, and they just plain look better.

Here's my RRA upper bolted to a spike's tactical lower.

Comment

Just an update...

Well I have the "Elite Operator 2" on order, decided I wanted mid-length and the half/half started to grow on me. I know I makes it heavier than most but I think I can handle it. I'm going to put an Eotech 512 on it when it shows up later this month. I'll post pics when it gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
                        Just an update...

Well I have the "Elite Operator 2" on order, decided I wanted mid-length and the half/half started to grow on me. I know I makes it heavier than most but I think I can handle it. I'm going to put an Eotech 512 on it when it shows up later this month. I'll post pics when it gets here.

Very nice! I just got my 512 in the mail this week. Co-witnessing is a cinch. Check out GG&G for some cool EOtech goodies. They have an accucam quick release mount and pop-open lens covers for the 512.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                          Very nice! I just got my 512 in the mail this week. Co-witnessing is a cinch. Check out GG&G for some cool EOtech goodies. They have an accucam quick release mount and pop-open lens covers for the 512.
                          I haven't looked at anything by them other than bipods but they're like $200! I'm debating between a VFG, bipod or gripod. I don't know yet.

Comment

I really like my grip pod. It has even came in handy while coyote hunting.

It looks ugly, but it works. The best place to find them is over on ar15.com in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                              I really like my grip pod. It has even came in handy while coyote hunting.

It looks ugly, but it works. The best place to find them is over on ar15.com in the classifieds.
                              I'm leaning that direction because I don't want the over accessorized look. How sturdy does it feel? I've seen videos of people using them and they seem pretty well built and stable. I heard there are some that are all plastic and some that have aluminum support in the legs. I'm more concerned with the function than the looks.
                              Last edited by 94StangFiveO; 02-10-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X