Anybody know this headstamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know this headstamp?

I broke a few decapping pins before I figured out that the damn flash hole on this particular brass is too small. Anyone know what the headstamp is? That is as good as the stamping gets on it. All of it was range pick up brass, so I don't have a lot of it, but I do have enough to be frustrating, lol.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

I searched around Google for a bit, if you don't find out here maybe post on this site.

Premier cartridge collecting site covering all types and forms of ammunition and their history, manufacture, markings and variations

Comment

That's actually a steel case, not brass. They are berdan primed like you said. Those mother fuckers got a few of my pins also. If you're going to process a lot of range brass, you need some large rare earth magnets to pull out the steel cases to avoid that.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        That's actually a steel case, not brass. They are berdan primed like you said. Those mother fuckers got a few of my pins also. If you're going to process a lot of range brass, you need some large rare earth magnets to pull out the steel cases to avoid that.
        Damn, lol. Good to know that I'm not the only one. And that is ALL that I pick up, I've posted pics of my brass Mecca for you CJ. Would one of the super strong mags that are in the hard drives work? I know a few guys at work have those.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
          Damn, lol. Good to know that I'm not the only one. And that is ALL that I pick up, I've posted pics of my brass Mecca for you CJ. Would one of the super strong mags that are in the hard drives work? I know a few guys at work have those.
          Yeah they will work, but they are kinda useless because of their size. You need a big magnet that will pull the cases up and stick to it, so you can get 20 or 30 in a single pass. I would recommend buying some online, they are expensive, but they will pull steel cases out from under brass cases. Just because it looks like brass doesn't mean it is. These are brass plated steel - these fucking bastards caused a whole mess of problems for us reloaders.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yeah they will work, but they are kinda useless because of their size. You need a big magnet that will pull the cases up and stick to it, so you can get 20 or 30 in a single pass. I would recommend buying some online, they are expensive, but they will pull steel cases out from under brass cases. Just because it looks like brass doesn't mean it is. These are brass plated steel - these fucking bastards caused a whole mess of problems for us reloaders.
            You ain't kiddin'. I was so pissed when you said they were steel cased. I was like, why the hell would you do that, lol. It doesn't make any sense. I just got done with my last batch. I probably had about 50 in the whole lot that I did. The lot was about 1,200 rounds so I guess I can consider myself lucky. I would just put the brass in my baking tray to lubricate and before I sprayed anything on them I'd pass my magnet over them all. Seemed to do the trick. No more broken pins after my last 1,000 rounds or so.

Bastards!
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

You ain't kiddin'. I was so pissed when you said they were steel cased. I was like, why the hell would you do that, lol. It doesn't make any sense. I just got done with my last batch. I probably had about 50 in the whole lot that I did. The lot was about 1,200 rounds so I guess I can consider myself lucky. I would just put the brass in my baking tray to lubricate and before I sprayed anything on them I'd pass my magnet over them all. Seemed to do the trick. No more broken pins after my last 1,000 rounds or so.

Bastards!
              After a while you'll get familiar with what is a berdan primed case, and what is a crimped primer. The pressure and feeling is different, after a while it won't ever happen again. One thing you can be thankful for is that they are actually steel, so a magnet solves the problem. If not you'd have to go through each case by hand looking at the head stamps. That's the only redeeming factor.

Comment

Just an idea but what about a construction magnet that use to pick up loose nails on job sites?
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                  Just an idea but what about a construction magnet that use to pick up loose nails on job sites?
                  I guess that could work, only issue is they are a little pricey, the magnet is a standard ferrite, and you'd have to disassemble the whole thing and it would be really large and unwieldy to work in a bucket or tray. The advantage of the rare earth magnets is they can be really small in size and a hell of a lot more powerful. I use to use one of the ferrite harbor freight magnets with a handle. I think they are like 10 bucks or something.

Comment

Harbor Freight also has some rare earths, but they seem to sell out fast, or are stolen often, because the hooks are usually empty.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I guess that could work, only issue is they are a little pricey, the magnet is a standard ferrite, and you'd have to disassemble the whole thing and it would be really large and unwieldy to work in a bucket or tray. The advantage of the rare earth magnets is they can be really small in size and a hell of a lot more powerful. I use to use one of the ferrite harbor freight magnets with a handle. I think they are like 10 bucks or something.
                      I was thinking if the brass was on the ground, the smaller earth magnets would be handier for buckets though.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                        I was thinking if the brass was on the ground, the smaller earth magnets would be handier for buckets though.
                        Oh yeah that works great if you do that before hand. But at all the ranges I frequent you'd spend more time pulling steel cases off than picking up brass.

Comment

Can you take a pic of what you have and maybe a link to where you got it for me? Just curious how big it needs to be.
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Can you take a pic of what you have and maybe a link to where you got it for me? Just curious how big it needs to be.
                            I bought them from UnitedNuclear.com

United Nuclear , Scientific Equipment & Supplies 2 Dia. 1/2 thick Disc - 2 Dia x 1/2 Thick NdFeB Disc Magnet, highest grade available, Ni Plated with Matte finish, Axially Magnetized (the top & bottom flat faces are the north & south poles). Theoretical maximum pull: 115 pounds. WARNING - VERY POWERFUL

This is the magnet I use, best size for the money. I would refrain from getting the super magnets or the larger ones, because if you happen to be careless and have your tray sitting on some steel or something you could break your hand holding onto it. I had a super magnet a few years ago that I was screwing around with and accidentally stuck it to a piece of plate I use for my vise, and it's now a permanent fixture. I HIGHLY recommend you glue it to a handle of some kind, do not bare hand it with your fingers on the sides/bottom.

Comment

Video or it didn't happen?

Those stronger magnets can be very surprising.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X