Best Buy Calibrate Program??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy Calibrate Program??

Well I was up at best buy looking for a TV and I found one i wanted in my price range. Then they started telling me that they have this program where they calibrate your TV to improve the picture alot! Because manufactures turn up the colors to catch the customers eye. Well its $249.99 when you buy the tv. But if you dont the money to buy it right away they can still do it, but it'll be $299.99. Thats alot of money just to have your tv calibrated. My question is, has anyone done this and is it worth it??

BTW heres the tv i was looking at. I know its not a really good brand. Buts its the size, type, and money spending wise.

What yall think?
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

HahAhahAhaha!

Comment

My dad got that for free a few years back, don't waste your money. The guy just did the same shit you can do if you sit there with the remote for a few minutes.

Comment

fucking wow...

If you need me to set the time on your microwave or set the pre-sets on your car stereo, let me know. I only charge $1599.88 and I come directly to you
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Check out avsforum. They have a free calibration disc for downliad and you can do it yourself.. there are also disc kits with the glasses you can get for a better calibration.

Comment

That's almost criminal.

Comment

I always look at the bad reviews for more truth as to what I could expect.

Comment

Well theres was no way i was gonna pay that kinda cash for that thing. Lol. The salesman says they bring in 8000-10000k in equipment to calibrate it. Lol. I was like wow. Just didnt know if this guy was serious or not..

Comment

$250 to calibrate a $400 TV? do the math
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Well they said it was any tv. lol.

Comment

Whats alls thought on that TV though?

Comment

True ISF Calibration isn't cheap. That being said, there are DVDs and BluRay versions of DIY calibrations available that aren't expensive.

A real ISF calibration accesses menus on many TVs you don't know exist and much like the the Wu, Ain't Nothin' Ta Fuck With.

All that aside, it would be a waste of money to calibrate that Westinghouse LED.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          HahAhahAhaha!
                          Lighten up dickhead, he's just asking a question!

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                            Whats alls thought on that TV though?
                            I'd save a little longer.

Comment

That's hilarious.

I've used AVIA for years to calibrate my HD displays. There are also brand/model specific threads on avsforum that will provide you detailed information on how to optimize it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X